NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 11 February 2003 Lisp in New York City: Lispers gather to eat and drink

NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 11 February 2003 Lisp in New York City: Lispers gather to eat and drink

Post by secret.. » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:48:19

For the past several months there have been rumors of a stirring of the
Great Lisp Beast.  Some have even suggested that the Lisp Cabal itself has
held two Lesser Concourses on the Island of the Manahattoes.  Though I have
no special knowledge, and certainly no brief to deal with such talk, I
believe that the source of these ridiculous imaginings of the photogravure
press may be the few informal meetings which have led to this:

The organization Lispers of New York City will meet openly for the first
time on Tuesday 11 February 2003 at Kenny's bar, also called "The Time-Out",
on the east side of Amsterdam Avenue between 76th and 77th Streets, on the
West Side of Manhattan.

This meeting is free and open to the public.

The formal meeting will take no more than seventy-five minutes, and then
the serious drinking will commence.

Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

1. NYC LOCAL: CORRECTION: Wednesday 21 May 2003 NYLUG Lisp Eating and Drinking Location

  from="correction by John Bacalle of NYLUG of my error"
  edit-level="only headers trimmed">

  Subject: Re: NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 21 May 2003 NYLUG: Heow Eide-Goodman on Lisp

  Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 17:33:25 GMT

  [ F-T: set, presently ignored to rectify an error. ]

  > Eating and drinking after the formal meeting is now at Houlihan's at
  > 56th Street and Lexington Avenue on the Island of the Manahattoes.

  *error, error, I am Nomad. error*

  Jay, I changed the NYLUG.org Web pages, and the nylug-talk and
  nylug-announce mailing list announcements over a week ago to reflect the
  current Stammtisch (drinking hole, merriment) location.

     It is PJ Clarke's

  Not Houlihan's. A chain restaurant is being built at the location you
  mention. Go to PJ Clarke's, and skip the hardhat. See your forward below
  of the announcement I sent. It is correct in the details.

     John

  --
  John Bacalle           -=(I'm looking for work)=-            http://unixen.org

2. stray httpds

3. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 1 April 2003 Declan McCullagh's Politech CFP Gathering

4. Uninstalling LILO -- leaving Win 95

5. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 14 June 2011 Lisp NYC Amphibious Operation, Paddy Mullen Head of Team

6. loadaverage, uptime & sar -q

7. NYC LOCAL: New York City Noon Monday 10 December 2001: Rally to Free Dmitry Sklyarov

8. What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

9. NYC LOCAL: New York City Noon Monday 26 November 2001: Rally to Free Dmitry Sklyarov

10. NYC LOCAL: Re: Tuesday 19 November 2002 Common Lisp Meeting: Founding the New York City Common Lisp Organization

11. NYC LOCAL: New York City Noon Monday 5 November 2001: Rally to Free Dmitry Sklyarov

12. NYC LOCAL: New York City Noon Monday 29 October 2001: Rally to Free Dmitry Sklyarov

13. NYC LOCAL: New York City Noon Monday 19 November 2001: Rally to Free Dmitry Sklyarov