X resource tutorial / reference?

Post by Len Philp » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone point me at a general tutorial / reference on X resources,
their usage, syntax, scope, etc., etc.? Obviously, they're very
important in the fine-tuning of X applications, but I know next to
nothing about them.

I'm a little familiar with xrdb, fontsel, .Xdefaults, etc., less
familiar with editres and know of only a few application-specific
resources. Specifically, right now I'm working with NEdit and am trying
to track down a keybinding issue, but I'd like to know more about it
all.

Thanks!

 ----- ><> -----> http://www.centuryinter.net/lphilpot/  (web)

1. Bash Tutorials & References

    This is especially for  zend-meena-sam-atul-zeus-emily-rao-*

    $ help help

remember that ^ !  It will tell you how to use the help
program built into bash......

    This is where you'll find the 'manual pages' for the
builtins like  "read" and "select"  without having to
search through man bash....As well as a lot of other
valuable information....

    And  $ man or info  (command)

 1.    http://steve-parker.org/sh/sh.shtml

  Steve's Bourne Shell Programming Tutorial....

 You can download this as gzipped tarball...Seems
 pretty good to me. I'm most of the way through it...
   Lots of examples......

 2.   http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO.html

 Okay.

 3.   http://rute.sourceforge.net/

 An excellent Linux/Unix book with several chapters on  or directly relevant
to  Bash Scripting....Download in HTML or PDF.....

 4   http://www.freeos.com/guides/lsst/

    Good one, even with the bad English.  Very thorough...

5.  http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html

    This is the advanced guide, but a really useful
reference.   Many  example scripts....

  6.  http://www.gnu.org/manual/bash-2.05a/bashref.html

        Bash reference manual. Another  great reference
and even more useful than 5  for basic scripting, in some
ways......Good intro to just read through a couple of
times.....Has installation instructions...

  7.  http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/bash/

    The famous FAQ.  Reference......

  8. man bash

        Definitive reference.

  9.    http://linuxsig.org/files/bash_scripting.html

        A   concise  intro/reference sheet.   Can copy as
plain text.

 10.    http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/library/bash.html

    In  3 parts,   by  IBM.   Pretty good.....

11.

http://www.linuxcommand.org/writing_shell_scripts.html

.
        Good one!  Very clear....

Bruce<+>

2. Preventing Linux from accessing my laptop HD

3. ONLINE/FTP available UNIX tutorials/tips/reference/etc

4. I need 2 HD-controllers, how to use?

5. Bash Tutorials & References #9

6. Not Echoing

7. Bash Tutorials & References

8. using tcpdump in linux

9. Bash Tutorials and References #8

10. Perl/Gtk+ Tutorial,Reference?

11. Q: A good X programming reference/tutorial book.

12. Info Needed Computer Based Training Reference Docs Tutorial Systems

13. Online tutorials/reference for network programming?