Redhat 4.0 archives out yet?

Post by Dixon » Mon, 11 Nov 1996 04:00:00

So er...it's 1 day away from one month since I've ordered
the Redhat 4.0 archives.  To this point, I'm basically
resigned to the fact that it's been indefinitely delayed.

But I've heard here and there that people have actually
received their copies.  If that's the case, where's my
"overnight" copy?

Actually, I just checked Redhat's web site.  Redhat 4.0 CD
itself is out of stock, but they recommend the archives set...
so I can only assume this it IS out?  Again, where is my
copy?

Or has Redhat been able to do what it claimed it can't:
cancel my order?  Or have they just er..."lost" my order?
Or is Redhat selling so successfully that they don't care
if "something" happens here and there.

Why am I posting instead of calling RedHat?  I've tried
calling earlier on with this ordeal...and I've found that
their newsgroup people seem to give more "honest" answers
about the situation.....so again, I'd like to know what
the status of the Archives CDs is..

-d

--

Systems Administrator                                    (415) 859-2848
Computer Sciences Laboratory, SRI International

Redhat 4.0 archives out yet?

Post by Michael K. Johns » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>So er...it's 1 day away from one month since I've ordered
>the Redhat 4.0 archives.  To this point, I'm basically
>resigned to the fact that it's been indefinitely delayed.

>But I've heard here and there that people have actually
>received their copies.  If that's the case, where's my
>"overnight" copy?

I imagine that somewhere along the distribution line,
someone screwed up.  I've forwarded your message to our
sales staff, who tell me that your copy is being sent
to you.

Red Hat 4.0 archives is indeed shipping, and we certainly
apologize for the delay.  We hope that you are the only one
affected by this mistake, as unpleasant as such a distinction
is...

michaelkjohnson

"Ever wonder why the SAME PEOPLE make up ALL the * theories?"

1. redhat archives 4 out yet?

So er...it's 1 day away from one month since I've ordered
the Redhat 4.0 archives.  To this point, I've basically
resigned to the fact that it's been indefinitely delayed.

But I've seen here and there that people have actually
received their copies.  If that's the case, where's my
"overnight" copy?

If that's not the case, then I again push for Redhat to
come up with some way for me to cancel my order without
charging it to my credit card and then having me refuse
the shipment.  If you can't tell, the year is coming
to a close, and the budget I had to buy things this year
won't be available come 1/1/97.  At the rate it is going,
I would not be suprised at all if RedHat do charge me
something AFTER year's end....at which point, the company's
corporate card people will come to me..and say, here, fill
this pile of paper work out to explain this charge.

Indirectly, this hassle with Redhat has already costed my
company much more than the ~$30 price.  Imagine the total
hours I've spent complaining to Redhat....the wage charged
to those time has far exceeded expectations.  Luckily, I've
received my copy of RH 4.0 itself, so I don't have to complain
about the hours I'd have to spent downloading those new RPMs.
...no doubt, some poor soul out there has had to do exactly
just that.

...so I ask again, how do I cleanly cancel my order?

-d

--

Systems Administrator                                    (415) 859-2848
Computer Sciences Laboratory, SRI International

2. How to check free disk space available

3. Yet Another RedHat 4.0 CD Identification Problem

4. Moral Question for the group

5. -= NT 4.0 Server for RedHat 4.0 =-

6. problems building kdevelop - libkimgio

7. Yet another flash archive + SVM post

8. HELP! Slip too slow...

9. StarOffice 4.0 download: broken tar.gz archives?

10. RedHat upgrade top Redhat v.4.0 help- please??

11. Yet another Solaris PPP problem, as yet unanswered

12. *.so archives and *.a archives

13. linking static archive to another static archive