1. HUFS: call for alpha testers
Call for Alpha-Tester
What is HUFS ?
The HUFS is a filesystem for Linux, that supports online-compression.
It's heavily based on the ext2 0.5 and has all of it's features,
like enhanced file attributes, blockgroups ...
However, it's NOT compatible with ext2, but in the future a little
tool will convert ext2 partition in hufs partition.
HUFS depends not on a specific compressor, compressors are modules and
can be loaded during runtime. Currently, 2 compressors are ported.
Currently, HUFS is in alpha state. This means, that at least one known
bug exists and not all features are implemented. For instance the
compression rate is currently not optimal and shared libs must be
saved with the 'UNCOMPRESSED' flag. However, this will be changed in
the future after I find at least the 'known bugs'.
What you need to become a tester
Some disk space, a partition is prefered, I havn't tested it with the
loop-device yet. Some knowledge about Linux filesystems would be good.
If you want test it, send me an email. HUFS will NOT be availeble on
public ftp-servers until beta, so I will send it uuencoded or upload
it direct to your machine.
Thanks for your help
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.
2. Menu ?
3. unstrip for Solaris 2.4/SPARC - alpha version - call for for testers
4. New Linux Splash Screen
5. Linux Phone: Alpha Testers Wanted!
6. SHELL SCRIPTING/WEBSITES
7. Alpha testers for BETA on Linux
8. Which files
9. ALPHA TESTERS WANTED (8514 X server)
10. malloc tester for ALPHA-11
11. Alpha testers for BETA on Linux
12. ANNOUNCE: wload 0.04 - curses-based multithreaded load tester (alpha)
13. New mail reader for X (for alpha testers only)