DigiBoard PC/Xe Drivers V1.4 Pls

Post by Mike J. Howar » Thu, 25 May 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone have a copy of the pcxe.c file for version 1.4 of Troy De Jongh's
drivers for the Digiboard PC/Xe (Intellegent 8 port serial board).
I have the rest of the V1.3 files, but am desperate to get SLIP working on the
board, and I hear that the V1.4 may fix the bug I have.

TIA

Mike.

Post by Risto Kalevi Virtan » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

: Does anyone have a copy of the pcxe.c file for version 1.4 of Troy De Jongh's
: drivers for the Digiboard PC/Xe (Intellegent 8 port serial board).
: I have the rest of the V1.3 files, but am desperate to get SLIP working on the
: board, and I hear that the V1.4 may fix the bug I have.

: TIA

: Mike.

        I have a copy of it in a message the writer Troy DeJ sent me,
        which I can post You, but I beleieve it's of no use: SLIP does not work
        with it, either:(( I've heard that Troy is aware of the problem,
        has figured the bug and is rewriting the driver, so wait...

        We have a similar board, with similar malfunction: no slip.

--

1. DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Fellow Linuxers,

Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)

I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
Thanks.

     -Troy

--

2. AIX4.3, NIS and group names

3. Boot Disk High Wait I/O

4. DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi Driver!

5. HELP! Kernel compiling errors

6. Driver for "intelligent" Digiboard PC/xe's??

7. Need help with ATI MACH64CT / PCI card

8. Digiboard PC/Xe ??

9. DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21

10. Digiboard PC/Xe and rehat 5.0

11. Telebit T2500 and Digiboard PC/Xe on ODT 2.0

12. Digiboard PC/Xe problems