Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux SuSe 6.1

Post by Marc Lambrich » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I installed the Oracle database on my Linux SuSe 6.1 system. When
starting svrmgrl I get an error:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
What's the problem?
Thankx, Marc

Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux SuSe 6.1

Post by Oracle DB » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I installed the Oracle database on my Linux SuSe 6.1 system. When
> starting svrmgrl I get an error:
> ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
> What's the problem?
> Thankx, Marc

Never mind. I forgot to set the correct home directory for the DBA. The
.profile couldn't be read so the variables like $ORACLE_HOME,
$ORACLE_BASE weren't set.
Hope it's useful to someone else.
Marc

1. Suse 6.1 & Oracle web server 3.0.2 Export

When I install a brand new version of Suse linux 6.1 with the newest
kernel (2.2.something) and leave everything configured to "standard",
I can not get the oracle admin listener started.
The Oracle software is also configured "standard".
The wrb can be started, and every process is up. But when I try to
start the admin listener, the owsctl util reports it is starting the
listener and then dies.....

However, when I install the old kernel (2.0.something), I CAN start
the admin listener.
It's easy to conclude: IT'S A KERNEL PROBLEM. (go figure).
Offcourse I want to use the newest kernel (the 2.0 kernel reports a
problem with the swap partition), so does any one know what option in
the kernel gives the problem?

Meanwhile I will keep on trying, and will (offcourse) report the
solution if I ever find it.

with regards,

Robin Betjes

replies can go to "r.betjes" at the domain "taf.nl" or this newsgroup

2. tranfering boot/root disk to higher capacity format

3. Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

4. JAVA?

5. suse compilation problems (suse 6.1)

6. SVGATextMode, XFree86, and icd2061a

7. Hiding the Hostname in sendmail......(SCO V5.05)

8. Oracle 8.0.5 on RedHat Linux 6.1?

9. RH Linux 6.1 and Oracle 8i

10. sendmail & dns on a linux 2.2 kernel (Suse 6.1)

11. Linux Red Hat 6.1 Install SuSE Server HELP!

12. Problem with SuSE Linux 6.1