Configuracion Red Hat 7.2 en red

Post by KeK » Mon, 13 May 2002 07:54:17

Hola, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar.

Tengo instalado el Red Hat 7.2 con 2 tarjetas de red. El objetivo de
esto es crear una sub red y conectar varias maquinas al Servidor
linux. En la primer tarjeta de red entra la se?al de internet, y por
la segunda la reparto a mi red privada de tal forma ke si alguien
entra a la primer tarjeta no vea la segunda y el firewall bloquee
cualquier entrada de internet a mi sub-red.

Si alguien me puede ayudar se lo agradecere mucho.

Post by peter pils » Mon, 13 May 2002 21:34:33

> Hola, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar.

> Tengo instalado el Red Hat 7.2 con 2 tarjetas de red. El objetivo de
> esto es crear una sub red y conectar varias maquinas al Servidor
> linux. En la primer tarjeta de red entra la se?al de internet, y por
> la segunda la reparto a mi red privada de tal forma ke si alguien
> entra a la primer tarjeta no vea la segunda y el firewall bloquee
> cualquier entrada de internet a mi sub-red.

> Si alguien me puede ayudar se lo agradecere mucho.

hola,

no muchas gentes en esta newsgroup sabe espa?ol. Se espanol solo un pocito.
Si sabes ingls, pro favor repetir tu pregunta en ingls.

adios,
pedro

--
peter pilsl

http://www.goldfisch.at

Post by Peter Karlsso » Wed, 15 May 2002 09:42:28

> Hola, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar.

> Tengo instalado el Red Hat 7.2 con 2 tarjetas de red. El objetivo de
> esto es crear una sub red y conectar varias maquinas al Servidor
> linux. En la primer tarjeta de red entra la se?al de internet, y por
> la segunda la reparto a mi red privada de tal forma ke si alguien
> entra a la primer tarjeta no vea la segunda y el firewall bloquee
> cualquier entrada de internet a mi sub-red.

> Si alguien me puede ayudar se lo agradecere mucho.

Jag f?rst?r inte vad du skriver... :-/

"For all linux users wanting to support their OS"
My email address is munged. Remove NO SPAM PLEASE.

Post by KeK » Thu, 16 May 2002 09:49:09

> Hola, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar.

> Tengo instalado el Red Hat 7.2 con 2 tarjetas de red. El objetivo de
> esto es crear una sub red y conectar varias maquinas al Servidor
> linux. En la primer tarjeta de red entra la se?al de internet, y por
> la segunda la reparto a mi red privada de tal forma ke si alguien
> entra a la primer tarjeta no vea la segunda y el firewall bloquee
> cualquier entrada de internet a mi sub-red.

> Si alguien me puede ayudar se lo agradecere mucho.

Hi my english isn't very good but i will try. I have a pc with RH 7.2
installed. I need to configure it with two network cards. one is to
get internet conection form an isp that give us internet by cable. the
other one is to redistribuite ( send ) the internet in to a
sub-network or a local network.

i want to put a firewall because i don't want that other pc  out of my
sub-net ( my sub-lan ) get the internet signal, only computers inside
the linux server.

i hope you can help me. thanks.

Post by peter pils » Fri, 17 May 2002 02:49:20

> Hi my english isn't very good but i will try. I have a pc with RH 7.2
> installed. I need to configure it with two network cards. one is to
> get internet conection form an isp that give us internet by cable. the
> other one is to redistribuite ( send ) the internet in to a
> sub-network or a local network.

> i want to put a firewall because i don't want that other pc  out of my
> sub-net ( my sub-lan ) get the internet signal, only computers inside
> the linux server.

So your english is about 100% better than the usual spanish spoken here ;)

you want to setup a firewall that can do ip-masquerading or nat.
all you need for it is ipchains or iptables. It depends on your kernel.
if you have a 2.2.x - kernel, you need ipchains. For a 2.4.x-kernel you can
use iptables.

To determine which kernel you are running, type 'uname -r'

for ipchains, you best take a look at the very informative page
http://www.linuxdoc.org
or jump immediatel to the -english- HOWTO:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO.html

for iptables (or "netfilter" like the whole package is named) go to:
http://www.netfilter.org
or jump immediately to the -spanish- HOWTO :
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/es/packet-filtering-HOWT...

mucho suerte y si vas a tener mas preguntas, puedes preguntar en este
newsgroup o comp.os.linux.networking (que es mechor ;)

adios,
pedro

--
peter pilsl

http://www.goldfisch.at

1. Samba - Red Hat sees Win2k but Win2k cannot see Red Hat 7.2

After installing Red Hat 7.2 I configured Samba. I can mount and browse
shares on a Win2k Pro system on the network. However, the Win2k system
cannot see the Red Hat system.

I can ping the Red Hat system from the Win2k system both by name and IP
address. However, if I search for the Red Hat system from Windows Explorer,
either by name or IP address, it is not found.

I am a Linux novice and have run out of things to check. Any suggestions?

Bill

2. How to find certain newlines and delete them in ksh.

3. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

4. printing to smc router, anyone have this working?

5. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

6. Is there a GNU SW Test Suite?

7. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

8. Printer queue problem

9. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

10. The Red Hats are coming, the Red Hats are coming

11. Red Hat Piranha and Red Hat 7

12. "Official" Red Hat vs. Red Hat

13. Demonizing Red Hat (was: CodeWarrior for Red Hat Linux)