Sendmail migration ???

Post by Benson Le » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

anybody knows how to migrate the sendmail & all personel mails from a
machine to another ???

Thank you for your help.

Sendmail migration ???

Post by Peter T. Breue » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

: anybody knows how to migrate the sendmail & all personel mails from a
: machine to another ???

Cp your persoal folders across. Then copy sendmail.cf and the aliases
file. I doubt you personalized more. Take the whole of /etc/mail
if it's all below there. Check the mod dates of files in your /etc
dir to be sure.

Peter

Sendmail migration ???

Post by Raymond Doetje » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Copy your /etc/sendmail.cf /etc/mail /etc/aliases /var/spool/mqueue
/var/spool/mail and that's it.

Also be sure that you edit your sendmail.cf file when your hostname of
the system has changes!!!

Raymond

> Hi,

> anybody knows how to migrate the sendmail & all personel mails from a
> machine to another ???

> Thank you for your help.

1. sendmail 8.6.8 and sendmail.cw

As a result of the latest security related postings regarding sendmail,
I've got the sendmail 8.6.8 binary and configuration files (from our local
security group) but I can't find anyone to tell me how to set up
/etc/sendmail.cw for my site. Following the example file, if my machine
were public.x.org, /etc/sendmail.cw would look like:

public.x.org ftp.x.org

My machine, however, has no internet alias. What should be in my
/etc/sendmail.cw?

If you're reading this from comp.mail.sendmail, please respond via e-mail
since this is not one of my regular groups.

2. 1.3.9+ modules error

3. sendmail SLOWdown (FBSD 4.1 / Sendmail 8.11.0)

4. AIX 4.3 & sendmail

5. Sendmail routing to UUCP host on OS5.0.4 (sendmail 8.8.5)

6. Yet another PPP problem

7. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

8. Call for Articles - Crossroads Magazine

9. mail daemon: smail, sendmail+IDA 5.6.x, Sendmail 8.6.4, umail

10. AIX 4.1 Sendmail; comp.mail.sendmail

11. sendmail queue delays (Sun sendmail, Solaris2.3, SS10)

12. problem in unstanding sendmail/cf SMTP auth (Solaris 8 Sendmail 8.10) Please Explain

13. mail sendmail sendmail.cf problems