Why wont telnet work with ppp ?

Post by Peter Jord » Sun, 13 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have a very minimal installation of Linux on a laptop, and when I
use it on the ethernet to connect to my Linux server, then telnet back
into the laptop, all works fine.
        However, when I connect through the modem and use ppp,
then try to telnet into the laptop, as root, I do not see any tty
output, but apparently I am indeed logged in since when I type "logout"
I get my local prompt back.

This is so weird.  Can anyone give me some clues as to why this happens ?

PeterJordan

1. Why wont my lilo install work?

I have a problem with running Win98 and Linux (slackware 7.0) on the same
computer. Even if Ive tried to install LILO several times now, windows
doesnt seem to give a damn, and it gladaly boots directly into this, now
annyoing, windows logotype. I guess windows does something to mbr that lilo
doesnt, but I cant figure out what?

Max Levelius

2. substituting strings in source trees?

3. Telnet wont work...

4. Graphics Files

5. why wont sym links work w/ftp?

7. why wont this command work in a script?

8. FC & MULTIPATH !? (any hope?)

9. Why will this simple program wont work?

10. Why wont this syslog.conf work?

11. Telnet wont work but ftp will

12. why wont my soundcard work?

13. Telnet & FTP lag - why why why???