Caldera Open Linux 2.3

Post by Greg » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have just installed Caldera's Open Linux 2.3

1. Anyone have any suggestions for 8MB+ video RAM AGP cards (other than
Diamond), I have tried using a Speedstar A50 OEM card that not even
XF86Setup will get to work without the gray screen of death,
that will work in with Caldera's Lizard install???

2. With A trident 3Dimage975 AGP card W/2MB RAM, I got lizard install to
work, but now when KDE is running, bumping the mouse into any edge of the
screen will get me the next screen over = up, down, left or right,
depending on which edge of the screen I bump into, I personally find this
annoying as HEY!  When ever I need to use the mouse the do something, say
like, use the menu or the scroll bar I get bumped onto the next screen
over!   Does anyone know how and if this feature can be turned off ???
I have all 8 screens enabled.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Caldera Open Linux 2.3

Post by Greg » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello All: Greg Here: Question ???

After installing Caldera Open Linux 2.3:
KDE Starts:

PROBLEM:
bumping any edge of the screen with my mouse cursor causes KDE to jump to
the adjacent screen, whether it's top, bottom, left or right.

How do you disable / turn off this function, if it can be disabled?

As far as I am concerned this is a bug, as well as very annoying.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Caldera Open Linux 2.3

Post by Rob » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I use my voodoo3.. Its great.. U just have to track down the tar's for the
support
rob

>I have just installed Caldera's Open Linux 2.3

>1. Anyone have any suggestions for 8MB+ video RAM AGP cards (other than
>Diamond), I have tried using a Speedstar A50 OEM card that not even
>XF86Setup will get to work without the gray screen of death,
>that will work in with Caldera's Lizard install???

>2. With A trident 3Dimage975 AGP card W/2MB RAM, I got lizard install to
>work, but now when KDE is running, bumping the mouse into any edge of the
>screen will get me the next screen over = up, down, left or right,
>depending on which edge of the screen I bump into, I personally find this
>annoying as HEY!  When ever I need to use the mouse the do something, say
>like, use the menu or the scroll bar I get bumped onto the next screen
>over!   Does anyone know how and if this feature can be turned off ???
>I have all 8 screens enabled.

>                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Caldera Open Linux 2.3, Athlon, UDMA66 and installation hangs

Below is the description of my computer:
AMD Athlon 500
FIC-SD11 motherboard (have applied latest BIOS update)
WD Caviar UDMA66 20 GB Hard disk
128 MB RAM
Matrox G400 Display card

When I boot the machine using the installation CD. The machine boots up from
the CD, starts loading the kernel and then hangs. I suspect two things can
be the cause, the Athlon processor (as you have some patch on your web site
for it) or the UDMA66 hard disk. Can some one provide some hint as to what
is the cause and how to proceed to fix the problem.

Thanks

2. REMAKING KERNEL

3. Caldera Open Linux 2.3

4. Disk buffer..

5. Help request: Installing Caldera Open Linux 2.3

6. X-screen problem

7. Caldera Open Linux 2.3 Installation

8. Weird 'last' output?

9. Caldera Open Linux 2.3

10. Caldera Open Linux 2.3 Installation

11. Caldera Open Linux 2.3 for Trade

12. Caldera 1.3 vs Caldera 2.3

13. Caldera/Linux 2.3 Help please - networking w/95 to Linux server