media vision pro audio 16 basic

Post by Jeff » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

I have been unable to get Linux (Slackware 3.2) to deal with my Media
Vision pro audio 16 basic sound card.  I have heard that Media Vision
refused to release the lowdown on the card.  Has anyone gotten this card
to work in Linux?  I have tried loading it as a module, recompiling,
etc, but to no avail.  Any help would be briiliant.

Jeff

Post by M. Buchenried » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

>I have been unable to get Linux (Slackware 3.2) to deal with my Media
>Vision pro audio 16 basic sound card.  I have heard that Media Vision
>refused to release the lowdown on the card.  Has anyone gotten this card
>to work in Linux?  I have tried loading it as a module, recompiling,
>etc, but to no avail.  Any help would be briiliant.

I got the MediaVision ProSonic16 to work using the DOS drivers
for initializing it, then loadlin.exe to boot into Linux.

Michael
--

       Lumber Cartel Unit #456 (TINLC) and Official Net.Scum

media vision pro audio 16 basic

Post by Gerry Dori » Mon, 01 Jun 1998 04:00:00

 I have a PAS-16 card and it works fine in Linux.  I re-compiled the kernel
to include support.  there is a text file in the audio section that
describes how to handle it but from memory I believe you have to also enable
SB support.

Gerry

>I have been unable to get Linux (Slackware 3.2) to deal with my Media
>Vision pro audio 16 basic sound card.  I have heard that Media Vision
>refused to release the lowdown on the card.  Has anyone gotten this card
>to work in Linux?  I have tried loading it as a module, recompiling,
>etc, but to no avail.  Any help would be briiliant.

>Jeff

media vision pro audio 16 basic

Post by Kenneth R. Crud » Mon, 01 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have been unable to get Linux (Slackware 3.2) to deal with my Media
>Vision pro audio 16 basic sound card.

I had mine working before I switched to a PCI-based card (for other reasons).

What kind of error messages are you getting? Which kernel did you build?

What does /dev/sndstat say?

        -Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup, Unix & OS/2 Software Consultant, Scott County Consulting

16 Plainfield St, Boston, MA 02130-3633   +1 617 983 9410      Fax
        "Linux, between Playstation and Craystation" -attribution unknown