splash screen at bootup

Post by Chri » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I heard about a program not so long ago that allowed for a splash screen to
be displayed when linux boots.. instead of just watching all the modules
load and deamons start and stuff.. is there such a program and if so could
someone give me a url to it..

thanks
chris

1. Bootup splash screen

Hello group.
At the time of RH 7.2 or 7.3 installation you can see a little pinguin
(for 7.2) or RH banner (for 7.3). Does anybody know how to get so it would
show on the normal bootup. I was playing with kernel progress patching and
was wondering if RH created it the same way or they're using patched
mgetty for it. Anyway it's still a mistery for me.
If anybody knows how to get it please let me know.

p.s. for those who didn't understand (I'm not talking about lilo boot)
this is different

2. NAT connection dropping

3. Splash Scrren on Bootup, how?

4. Removing anti-alias fonts in RH8 ?

5. startx -> KDE splash -> blank screen

6. Pls Help: trouble installing ghostview.3.5.8 on hpux10.20

7. Splash screen during boot?

8. Sony monitor/Diamond Stealth64

9. Kernel Splash Screen?

10. splash screen psuedo device bitmap resolution

11. LILO splash screen.

12. splash screen issue with bimap resolution

13. Splash screen in SuSE 7.3