suse compilation problems (suse 6.1)

Post by Marc Mut » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have had huge problems compiling programs on SuSE. I solved it by
uninstalling the necessary libs and compiling them too. Whan did I last
utter that SuSE be crap? Uh, two weeks ago?

Marc

--

University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)

Post by Michael Hasenstei » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I noticed that I had to create symbolic links in /usr/lib/ that
> pointed to libraries in ../X11R6/lib because otherwise I couldn't
> compile.

> Is this Suse related or am I missing something?

It certainly is not - the problem is YOURS, because you don't use the
well-known and often used linker option "-L /path-to-libs" (may be
specified multiple times). X-related libraries are of course in
/usr/X11R6/lib and not in /usr/lib. Look at Makefiles of any software
out there and learn from others.

--
Michael Hasenstein
http://www.csn.tu-chemnitz.de/~mha/

1. suse compilation problems (suse 6.1)

out of curiosity has anyone else had problems compiling 3rd party software
under suse (6.1).  For me kernels compile fine, but with other programs
including binutils (i need to compile my own special one to run some m68k
assembly simulators) I get some strange errors.  In particular xmkfm cant
find its template confg file.
i havent supplied any detail here. I'm just wondering if this happens to
other people as it might point me in the direction to fixing the probs.

2. Datek Online OK with RedHat v6.x Java?

3. SuSE 6.1 apm: kernel compilation question

4. DHCP Gets info, never sets up NIC. (0/1)

5. Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

6. Help with firewall

7. SuSE 6.1 Kernel Problem (YaST)

8. LPP postinstall scripts

9. Newbie SuSE 6.1 Printer problems

10. Problem with SuSE Linux 6.1

11. Suse 6.1 Printer problems

12. Problem installing Wine and VMware under SuSE 6.1

13. VMware under SuSE 6.1 installation Problem