ipchains in RedHat 7.2

Post by Ludw » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:02:44

When I try to execute
ipchains -P forward ACCEPT
I am geting response
ipchains: Protocol not available

What's the problem?

Ludwik

ipchains in RedHat 7.2

Post by Stu » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:52:54

7.2 default installs with iptables instead of ipchains.  Read the manual:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/ch-...
s.html

Stu

Quote:> When I try to execute
> ipchains -P forward ACCEPT
> I am geting response
> ipchains: Protocol not available

> What's the problem?

> Ludwik

ipchains in RedHat 7.2

Post by Ryan Kosk » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 23:50:40

> 7.2 default installs with iptables instead of ipchains.  Read the manual:

Not true.  It install both iptables and ipchains, but only installs a
default /etc/sysconfig/ipchains script.  Since /etc/sysconfig/iptables
doesn't exist, the /etc/init.d/iptables script aborts.  Also
check the ifup and ifdown scripts.  RH7.2 is still wired to use ipchains
instead of iptables.

Why, I don't know...

--
Ryan Koski

ipchains in RedHat 7.2

Post by S. Par » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 13:41:58

> When I try to execute
> ipchains -P forward ACCEPT
> I am geting response
> ipchains: Protocol not available

> What's the problem?

> Ludwik

The correct usage is "ipchains -P forward -j ACCEPT".

Regards.

1. Redhat 7.2 - ipchains (i need an idiots access method)

After goofing around with xinetd and trying to figure out why i could see
incomming packets for my pop3 port but my server never responded - i figured
out it was cause my ipchains ruleset was in a twist (hehe i don't know the port
so i'm not going to talk!)

Does anyone know a simple method of administering the ipchains rules without
having to translate addresses to CIDR notation, dig up the rule syntax and add
the new or adjusted rule manually to the /etc/sysconfig/ipchains (which is not
recommended by the way)??

2. Daemon smbd damaged?

3. I'm confused with ipchains/iptables on Redhat 7.2

4. Trouble with setitimer and getitimer.

5. ipchains on redhat 7.2

6. getopt_long() problems

7. How can I active and use IPCHAINS replace of IPTABLES in redhat 7.2 ?

8. K-Desktop Environment -- Opinions Needed!

9. How can I active and use ipchains replace of iptables in redhat 7.2?

10. No ipchains on Redhat 7.2 Alpha?

11. pptp/GRE with IPCHAINS & RedHat 7.2

12. pptp/GRE with IPCHAINS and RedHat 7.2.....Help

13. configuring gcc-2.7.2.x on redhat 7.2