mgetty+sendfax printing incoming faxes to HP LaserJet

mgetty+sendfax printing incoming faxes to HP LaserJet

Post by Manfred So » Fri, 29 Jun 2001 04:20:51

Hi, thanks for your answers.

#!/bin/bash

Quote:> cd /var/spool/fax/incoming
> for i in *
> do
> g32pbm $i | pbmtolj | lpr -P lp
> done

> At the*time it was working but the wrong resolution.
> I changed it to:

> g32pbm $i ? pbmtolj -resolution 300 | lpr -P lp

Yes here I mistyped but in my script it looks like:

Quote:> g32pbm $i | pbmtolj -resolution 300 | lpr -P lp

When I use the first comand, its printing but the wrong resolution.

1.I took a look at /var/spool/fax nothing in here

2.I found other samples in /usr/share/doc/mgetty-1.1.25

3.I tried,
  printfax.ps from comand line >printfax.ps -h fnb*

  I get the error, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.340742

4.Than I tried new_fax.pbm to convert fax file and compress it, but nothing changed

5.I also put in the new_fax.lj to auto print but this script isn't working too.

6.I found info about scale and used:

Quote:> g32pbm $i | pnmtops -scale 0.25 | lp -o ps

the job was in queue for 10 min. and its printout was just one line

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again

1. mgetty+sendfax, print incoming faxes to HP LaserJet (RedHat 7.0)

Hi everyone,
I read a lot of info about mgetty+sendfax,also in the newsgroups. But
I can't find a way to finish my task.

I am a newbie, startet with Linux 2 month ago and found my way through
a lot of different info. Anyway my task is to print incoming faxes.

I got a PPP Dialin Server on RedHat 7.0 up and running. Now I want to
print (automatic) incoming faxes to a HP LaserJet.

I guess I have not enough background. I found in the newsgroups,
look at : samples/new_fax ,but its not on my box I also miss `policy.h

First I tried it manually, used this little script:

printfax.sh

#!/bin/bash
cd /var/spool/fax/incoming
for i in *
do
g32pbm $i | pbmtolj | lpr -P lp
done

At the fist time it was working but the wrong resolution.
I changed it to:

g32pbm $i ? pbmtolj -resolution 300 | lpr -P lp

After that, no more printouts at all, other changes gave no positive
results.

What I'm doing wrong?

Please help me out, any help is very much appreciated. Please
consider, I am a newbie and need like a step by step help.

Thanks a lot

Manfred

2. Database Report Writer

3. fax printing with mgetty+sendfax

4. xdm

5. how to view sendfax/mgetty faxes

6. MAD16 and clicking?

7. POOR QUALITY of received faxes with mgetty-sendfax

8. ppa.0.27 and 1.2.13 linux - ppa.h explodes when "make dep"

9. mgetty+sendfax and USR V.FC DS fax don't cooperate

10. Fax with mgetty&sendfax

11. sending g3-fax using mgetty+sendfax with creatix144vfi

12. Email --> Fax Gateway (mgetty+sendfax) ???

13. Faxing with mgetty+sendfax (.gs to .g3 translation?)