Adaptec 19160 controller under Linux?

Post by quasimot » Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:17:01

Does the latest Linux kernel support the Adaptec 19160 SCSI controller
card?  It appears that there is support for the 29160 model, which is more
expensive yet seems to be based on the same technology.

--
I use GNU/Linux and support the Free Software Foundation. This message was
composed and transmitted using Free software, licensed under the General

Post by John Scudde » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:16:03

> Does the latest Linux kernel support the Adaptec 19160 SCSI controller
> card?  It appears that there is support for the 29160 model, which is more
> expensive yet seems to be based on the same technology.

> --
> I use GNU/Linux and support the Free Software Foundation. This message was
> composed and transmitted using Free software, licensed under the General
> Public License.

It works perfectly fine with kernel  2.4.0.   I don't know about later kernel
versions.

1. SCSI Controller: adaptec 19160 will this work in Linux ?

On the adaptec site all the Linux drivers are for the 29160 and 39160 but
those use the same chipset, the major difference being the number of
channels.  There are no drivers explicitly for the 19160 but I'm hoping that
the standard drivers for the 29160/39160 will still work.

will it work?

thx,

Jeff

2. apache web server

3. linux drivers for Adaptec 19160 SCSI controller?

4. memory type for alpha 600au

5. Adaptec 19160 SCSI Controller

6. Crossposting

7. Linux & Adaptec 19160

8. getting cd to work

9. what's known about adaptec 19160?

10. Solaris 8/x86 & Adaptec 19160

11. RH6.1 and Adaptec 19160

12. Intel board D815EEA compatible? Adaptec 19160 ?