Redialing Comm Package

Post by Kendall Beam » Sun, 07 May 1995 04:00:00

Hey guys,

Is there somewhere to ask for apps? I didn't see a
comp.os.linux.binaries.wanted or anything like that so I posted here.

All I want is to be able to re-dial a number. C-Kermit is just fine but I
want to redial until I make a connection. Can anyone help me?
I don't mind what Congress does, as long as they don't do it in the
streets and frighten the horses.    -- Victor Hugo

Redialing Comm Package

Post by Byron A Je » Tue, 09 May 1995 04:00:00

>Hey guys,

>Is there somewhere to ask for apps? I didn't see a
>comp.os.linux.binaries.wanted or anything like that so I posted here.

>All I want is to be able to re-dial a number. C-Kermit is just fine but I
>want to redial until I make a connection. Can anyone help me?
>--
>I don't mind what Congress does, as long as they don't do it in the
>streets and frighten the horses.    -- Victor Hugo

Here is the one I use for kermit. All you must do is run take on the
following script.
----------------------------
:commandmode
output at \13
input 10 OK
if failure goto commandmode
:repeat
output atdt XXX-XXXX \13
input 20 BUSY
if success goto repeat
input 60 CONNECT
if success goto connected
output at \13
goto commandmode
:connected
echo \10Connected!\13\10
connect
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

1. Reading directly from serial port at 57.6kB, or good comm package

In an effort to debunk the myth that Linux is not suited for production
environments, I have started using it wherever performance is critical
and clever-looking GUI slop is not. For example, we now have two $1000
PC's behind a Cisco Local Director acting as an outbound SMTP farm, and
they outperform a $8000 Sparc 10 with gobs (128MB) of RAM!

Linux evangelizing aside, I need help with the following: I am using
Linux 2.0.0 on a machine which handles the inbound end of a leased
line/DSU setup for a news feed. We can get the serial stream from the
DSU into minicom just fine, read the text, etc.

What I would like to do is write a Perl script that opens /dev/ttyS1
directly and reads from it, but I can't figure out how to set the
default behavior of /dev/ttyS1 to 57600, 8-N-1. It seems in all of the
FAQs that you can either set it with getty (which I don't want to use)
or in your communication program, but you can't change the default
behavior of the special file itself!

Does anyone out there know how to do this?

Alternatively, if someone could point me to a communications package
which would allow me enough scripting capability to break apart an
inbound text stream into files to be processed elsewhere, that would be
good too...

Nick Marden             while(1)
Qnews developer         { Qnews += features;

2. Triton vs. Triton 2

3. Tape Drivers and Comm Packages

4. statistics for aliased interfaces? (fwd)

5. Procomm-like comm package?

6. Which distro is best for a Non GUI linux install

7. comm package for OSR5?

8. proxy_arp

9. ECU comm package -- are there docs?

10. minicom or any comm. package

11. Seyon (XFree86 comm package under linux) question

12. any comm packages use 38400+ bauds?

13. Looking for UNIX comm package