restricted login shell for linux

Post by r.. » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have been looking for a restricted login shell
for linux.  Any good ones available?

j.m.

restricted login shell for linux

Post by William Alliso » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have been looking for a restricted login shell
>for linux.  Any good ones available?

>j.m.

On Red Hat (4.2 anyway) you can use ksh with the "-r" parameter
to provide a restricted shell.  I use it for dial-up accounts.

Bill

1. restricted shell/restricting login

A while ago I posted a question about how to restrict logins to our
ultrix systems.  Someone sent me a C or shell script which I'm
embarassed to say I've misplaced.  I think is was called "syslogin".
Please re-send it to me, whoever you are (were).

Here's the problem I wish to solve:

What I want to do is split the modem pool into 2 numbers - one for
students and one for faculty/staff.

I want to the login procedure to check which terminal server a connection
is coming from.  The procedure should then check the account and see if that
account is entitled to connect from that terminal server...if so,
then continue normally, if not then print a message like "Please dial
the number xxx-xxxx".

We have DEC terminal servers (I don't wish to use lat groups) and
Ultrix 4.2a.

I'm certain I'm not re-inventing the wheel here.  Any comments, suggestions
and pointers are most welcome.

Thanks in advance...
-

Trent University Computing & Telecommunications  tel: (705)748-1540
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 7B8           fax: (705)748-1246

2. DLink DFE-530TX+

3. Nice Shell Script For Restricting Multiple Login Sessions

4. PPP broadcast packet forwarding

5. X logins & Restricted Shell (rsh5 or rksh)

6. memory leak?

7. Starting a restricted shell from login..... how?

8. Linux + X on DELL Latitude LXi?

9. Restricted shell for logins?

10. Restricting Shell from SSH login

11. RESTRICTED shell for anonymous login - where ?

12. login from Web-browser with a restricted shell

13. how to restrict maximum login attempts for a restricted website in apache server