.run-files

Post by p. ecke » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

hello,

im a linux newbie. ive just downloaded a quake3 patch for linux. but
this file is a .run-file. i dont know how to use this file. do i have
to extract it? if yes, how?

thank you,

philipp

.run-files

Post by Thomas Zaj » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> im a linux newbie. ive just downloaded a quake3 patch for linux. but
> this file is a .run-file. i dont know how to use this file. do i have
> to extract it? if yes, how?

In X, open an xterm and run either

   chmod +x whatever.run
   ./whatever.run

or

   sh ./whatever.run

HTH,
Thomas
--
=-------------------------------------------------------------------------=

-  "It is not easy to cut through a human head with a hacksaw."  (M. C.)  -
=-------------------------------------------------------------------------=

.run-files

Post by p. ecke » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> > im a linux newbie. ive just downloaded a quake3 patch for linux. but
> > this file is a .run-file. i dont know how to use this file. do i have
> > to extract it? if yes, how?

> In X, open an xterm and run either

>    chmod +x whatever.run
>    ./whatever.run

> or

>    sh ./whatever.run

> HTH,
> Thomas

it worked, thank you very much.

philipp

1. Running file under different name

I have a program called 'clibrary' that I want to run under the name
'clib' (for example when I do a 'ps' or 'top' I want to see clib).  How
can I do that without renaming the file?

Thanks.

Rob

2. RAPSKAT is the unfair man...

3. bookmark alias

4. .run files

5. Adaptec 2842VL Hang on kernel boot

6. Newbie:how to run files downloaded

7. very slow networking problems

8. .RUN File will not work like a friend told me.

9. .run files???

10. Help: Running file...

11. Problem running files... :(

12. other programs to run files