setenv TEXINPUTS .... ?

Post by Atul Nara » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I would like to create a directory (say, /usr/local/latex) containing
"nonstandard"*style files. How do I ensure that*finds
these style files?

I use tcsh. If in .tcshrc, I write:

        setenv TEXINPUTS /usr/local/latex

latex cannot find even "standard" style files like article.cls (which
are in various subdirectories of /usr/lib/tex/). How does one specify
"To the current TEXINPUTS path, add /usr/local/latex"?

BTW, without "setenv TEXINPUTS ... " in .tcshrc,*works fine,
except that it cannot locate nonstandard style files.

Thanks in advance. Would appreciate it if you also e-mail the response to:

Atul

setenv TEXINPUTS .... ?

Post by Peter Ry » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I would like to create a directory (say, /usr/local/latex) containing
> "nonstandard"*style files. How do I ensure that*finds
> these style files?

> I use tcsh. If in .tcshrc, I write:

>    setenv TEXINPUTS /usr/local/latex

>*cannot find even "standard" style files like article.cls (which
> are in various subdirectories of /usr/lib/tex/). How does one specify
> "To the current TEXINPUTS path, add /usr/local/latex"?

Assuming you're using teTeX (which is pretty standard for most Linux
distributions these days).  Here's an excerpt from the docs.

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\item Every user can change the {\ttfamily TEXINPUTS}
  environment variable. Anyway, they should ensure that \teTeX
  's own paths are searched, too. This can be done by putting
  a colon in the beginning or at the end of the path or a
  doubled colon in the middle. Such an empty path component
  will be replaced by the default path.

  Typical settings for \emph{csh} and \emph{tcsh} could be

  \verb|setenv TEXINPUTS :~/TeX/mystyles|

  or for \emph{bash} or \emph{sh}:

  \verb|export TEXINPUTS=~/TeX/mystyles:|
\end{document}

See TETEXDOC.tex/.dvi for further details.

--

Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care,  St. George's Hospital, London, UK
Ph: +44 (0)181 725 1932                            Fax: +44 (0)181 725 0089

1. SetEnv - is it save to set a password using setenv in httpd.conf ?

Hi,

Can anyone let me know whether it is save to to set a password using
SetEnv in the httpd.conf file, whichcan then be passed to a cgi script ?

If it is not safe , anyone has a way of displaying  the environment
variables ?

Regards
KT

2. Link to another path

3. How to set TEXINPUTS enviroment variables?

4. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

5. setenv DISPLAY question

6. g3topbm | pbmtolj | lpr == flimsy

7. setenv command not found (?!)

8. bug in disk A and N or not

9. C++, SETENV to read outside prog.

10. Automatic setenv DISPLAY for rlogin.

11. SetEnv and VirtualHost

12. Where is setenv in Red Hat 6.2?

13. where did setenv go?