Linux cross-compiler for MSDOS

Post by Mark Ra » Tue, 15 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Is there any package (or any way to set up gcc/glibc) to compile an
MSDOS executable program under Linux?

I'm looking for pretty simple text-mode stuff - curses compatibility
would be nice, but I don't mind #ifdef-ing ANSI.SYS codes instead.

Way cool would be an MS-Windows cross compiler (with some sort of MSWIN
API), but this seems a lot less likely (unless the Wine folks are
using something like it).
--

Linux cross-compiler for MSDOS

saw one in argentina once...

Post by C. van R » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Is there any package (or any way to set up gcc/glibc) to compile an
>MSDOS executable program under Linux?

there is. I thik there's even a FAQ about it somewhere. it basically
means you have to get the required libraries, and coff binutils.
Since gcc was ported to dos (called djgpp, on oak.oakland.edu)
it has to be possible to configure gcc as linux -> dos crosscompiler.

Quote:>Way cool would be an MS-Windows cross compiler (with some sort of MSWIN
>API), but this seems a lot less likely (unless the Wine folks are
>using something like it).

there is a package from cygnus which allows you to build 32 bit
MS-win applications in Linux. the Last version I tested only
generated NT binaries, but the aim was (and the latest revision, 4)
to also be able to make win32s/win95 binaries. (which is necesarily
a GUI app.)

look at ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/sac/win32

Casey