Shared Memory IPC

Post by Jeff Port » Thu, 29 Sep 1994 15:43:31

I'm working on a project that needs to use a shared memory
block for interprocess communication in Linux.  (I know there are
better ways for doing IPC, but this project specifically REQUIRES
shared memory.)  In particular, I'd like to be able to map memory
pages from process A into the memory space of process B.

I was thinking that the phys() mmap() functions might help, but
according to my man page, phys() is not implemented.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated (e-mail or post)!

Jeff Porter

1. Robotics Engineering Excellence && RTC (TCP/shared memory IPC package)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

RE Squared (Robotics Engineering Excellence) is a new start-up company
based in Pittsburgh, PA.  Our engineers are seasoned robotics engineers
with many years of both theoretical and practical robotics experience.
Our expertise includes, but is not limited to vehicle retrofits,
hardware control systems, electrical design and fabrication, sensor
interfaces and integration, ethernet and serial communications, control
algorithms, path planning, computer vision, and artificial intelligence.

We also offer core software technologies, such as the RTC.  RTC is a
middleware IPC communications package built on top of TCP (and shared
memory under VxWorks) that allows you to send C data structures between
multiple computers.  RTC is available for Linux, Windows NT, VxWorks,
and QNX.  Older versions of RTC also support HP-UX, SUN, Solaris,
Extended DOS, and Irix.  RTC has been extensively tested for over 4
years and is used by many organizations/companies (e.g. Carnegie
Mellon's Robotics Institute, NASA, Caterpillar, Network Photonics,
etc.).  Other core technologies will also be offered soon (e.g. SICK
laser interface code, KVH gyro interface code, Crossbow tilt sensor
interface code, Novatel GPS interface code, etc.).

If you require experienced, efficient robotics engineers, RE Squared has

the resources you need.  If you have the resources, but want to increase

you efficiency by using core robotics technologies, we probably have the

technologies you need.  Feel free to contact us via email at:

or visit our website at:

http://www.resquared.com/index.html

For more information on RTC, please visit the RTC web page:

http://www.resquared.com/products/rtc/general.html

2. SATA help needed

3. question about shared memory IPC

4. THIS IS SO COOL!!!

5. [Q}: Shared Memory IPC?

6. HELP! Solaris 2.4 hung!

7. support shared memory (IPC)?

8. Remote user cannot access mail server?

9. IPC Shared Memory Limit

10. IPC Share Memory Change?

11. IPC shared memory access and privileges..

12. Problem with shared memory segments. (IPC)

13. IPC: Problems using Shared Memory