Linux programs that will upload batches of news articles?

Linux programs that will upload batches of news articles?

Post by Edward C. Jone » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Are there any Linux programs that will upload batches of articles
to USENET? I connect via a 33k modem to an ISP: I don't have a
news server running.

Linux programs that will upload batches of news articles?

Post by B'iche » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Are there any Linux programs that will upload batches of articles
>to USENET? I connect via a 33k modem to an ISP: I don't have a
>news server running.

        There is several such programs. one is called leafnode. this
is a mini-proxy server. it graabs the newsfeeds you are interested in,
stores them on your HD until you are ready to read them. This also
batches the uploads and sends them to your ISPs NNTP server. Another
program comes with Slrn called slrnpull that does a similar task. search
for nntp on www.freashmeat.net or www.linuxburg.com you will find several
more. BTW there is a similar package for email as well. called
fetchmail. I never used fetchmail but I run getpop3 to do the same
task of grabbing all of my email for offline reading.

--

                        B'ichela

1. program to remove the headers a news article

I use xrn to read news. If I save an article in to a file xrn saves the headers
along with the contents of the article.Does any body have program  which
will remove all the headers from the news file and save the contents.
Or can some one suggest me the program name and the ftp site where I can get it

please send me email.

Thanks  in advence

vedati

--
   Krishna Vedati                               |  Define recursion {

Concurrent Engineering Research Center          |          else define recursion
ph: 304-296-8012 (res)                          |          }

2. 2.5.1 x86 bootdisk

3. linux, PPP, batch-type news feeds

4. I get the error: VFS: Kernal Panic

5. News Article: BSD '3 times as popular as desktop Linux' - Apple

6. OSS and Linux may save us from a new dark age.

7. Linux in the news (Confused article)

8. lex/yacc: any good book ? I have only articles.

9. An article on Mnemonic and Linux in News.Com

10. REPOST: COMMERCIAL/ARTICLE: The Linux Revolution - In the News

11. OS/2 Ftp + News Uploading problem with LINUX Server

12. news: corel linux review article

13. cnews - can't batch articles for sending