Graphics Conversion

Post by Chris Toynb » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi
Can anyone recommend a good graphics program which allows conversion
from jpg,gifs and possibly bmps to xpm and other linux formats?
Is there a dowload site for such a program.

Thanks.

Linux Newbie

Graphics Conversion

Post by Roy Stogn » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Can anyone recommend a good graphics program which allows conversion
>from jpg,gifs and possibly bmps to xpm and other linux formats?
>Is there a dowload site for such a program.

Does xv handle all the image formats you need?  It was probably installed
with your linux distribution.
---
Roy Stogner

Graphics Conversion

Post by Paul Hughe » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

: Can anyone recommend a good graphics program which allows conversion
: from jpg,gifs and possibly bmps to xpm and other linux formats?
: Is there a dowload site for such a program.

The pbmplus package contains a bunch of utility programs for converting
between image formats.  It may be on your distribution CD; if not,
try looking around on the redhat site (www.redhat.com) or sunsite
(www.sunsite.unc.edu).  If you are into programming, also look into
the libgr library at the same places; this is a library of routines
to read and write various image formats.  Finally, xv will display
almost any image format, and can convert to at least some of them.
If you got any of the common distribution CDs, there is a pretty good
chance that most or all of these is on the CD, though they probably
wouldn't be installed by default.

Paul Hughett

Graphics Conversion

Post by Sid Boyc » Fri, 12 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Hi
> Can anyone recommend a good graphics program which allows conversion
> from jpg,gifs and possibly bmps to xpm and other linux formats?
> Is there a dowload site for such a program.

> Thanks.

> Linux Newbie

        Get ImageMagick which I think is still in the Incoming directory on
sunsite, I haven't yet found a format it couldn't convert, it consists
of a number of standalone programs to do all sorts of image
manipulations, "convert xxx.bmp xxx.xpm" etc.
Regards
--
... Sid Boyce...Amdahl(UK)...44-121 422 0375
                   -----------------------------------

1. Subject : HELP !!! Graphics conversion utility

Hello ,
does someone knows where I can find a unix utility to
convert from microsoft word document ( exel, project, ecc... )
to JPEG or postscript format on command line ?

Thanks for any help.          Max

2. Goodbye NT, Hello Linux

3. xbm graphic conversion?

4. Current runlevel?

5. Graphics conversion

6. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 5 of 6)

7. Graphic conversions

8. Phoenix Maxi Gamer X server...

9. Graphic conversion tool ?

10. Graphics conversion

11. Freeware/Shareware Graphic Conversion under AIX 4.2

12. Graphics conversion HOWTO

13. Where are graphic format conversion tools ?