how to setup environment variables

Post by KHORSANDI Siava » Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I am quite new in this service, so don't know what have
been going on here.
We are trying to set up Linux on our systems.
This might be a trivial question but I wonder can anybody
let me know how to define a new environment variable and
where to put it.

Regards,
Siavash

1. cannot setup environment variables

I try to set some environment variables by using

setenv MY_VARIABLE_HERE  /usr/lib/my_variable_directory

and the shell gives me the error message:
"bash: setenv: command not found"

I would really appreciate any response that would help me to solve the
problem.

Thank you.
Ferdi.

--
Ferdinand Badescu
-Development technician-

2. Q: Buffer Problem

3. How to setup GNUgcc2.8.1 Environment Variables?

4. Pre-compiled thread-safe libc

5. Environment variable setup

6. newb: load balancing

7. Why does the cgi environment not inherit environment variables?

8. Cannot spawn from inetd

9. how to export shell environment variables to the primary environment?

10. c shell script; Howto use environement variables to build environment variables and take their value

11. Difference between shell variables and environment variables!

12. difference between shell variable and environment variable

13. How to get value of environment variable in variable name?