Help! Login Error

Post by rober.. » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am runnning Red Hat 2.1, Kernel 1.2.12 (Caldera):

Periodically the server will disallow any logins.  If you are on the
server or have a telnet session you get a segmentation fault (core dump).
 If you try to establish a new session on the server you get INIT: Id "3"
respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.  It completely locks all
users out of the system

Please send suggestions.

John

1. FTP Server login error? HELP PLEASE!

I have my FTP server running, but whenever I tried to log in as an
anonymous, this is the error I get:

Guest login ok, send your complete email address as password.
Password:
530 Can't set guest privileges.
Login failed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp>

As you can see, the 530 error is the one that's causing the problem.
Any ideas?  Please help!

Thanks.

-Roger

2. Prob saving partition info when install

3. Help: Strange login error about setutent

4. ftp from Windows 2000 to Unix

5. Weird ioctl error messages upon login.... Help!

6. JBMail 3.2: compact client with SSL/TLS for POP3 and SMTP

7. login script error (help!)

8. Loadlin and Win95

9. ppp login errors. help!

10. Ramdrive error, cant even login! help!

11. Help: LOGIN: could not fork user's shell process: Resource temporarily unavailable (error 11)

12. New Login Prompt after Login Attempt HELP!!!

13. Help! Command login ok, CDE login fails