Printer created with foomatic-configure prints more than I need

Printer created with foomatic-configure prints more than I need

Post by th.. » Fri, 23 May 2003 01:30:49

Hi.

I added a printer to RedHat 8 using the following command:

foomatic-configure -s lprng -n p1 -c smb://workgroup/warehouse/warehouse \
-p HP-LaserJet_2200 -d ljet4

It prints fine except that it adds borders (box) around a page. It also
prints "Printed by", today's date, file name and "Page 1/X" headers.
How can I suppress all that and print only the actual data that I send
to the printer? Thanks.

-3-

1. Configuring print queue using SAM for printing to a remote printer

We have a new printer that we set up on our NT box and
would also like to be able to print from the RS6000 box.
Some of the info that i received said  that the two files
that i need are etc/hosts and etc/printcap.  I dont have
printcap....is there some other way to set this printer up
so that we can print to it from the RS6000? I would
appreciate any input.

Thank YOU!!

2. Linux inheriting "DLL Hell"

3. adding own printer in foomatic database

4. Lib Search Path Broke on egcs

5. printer working now, what the %$# is foomatic?

6. SLIP/PPP Calls to NT

7. foomatic PJL printing prob

8. Problems running a GTK app on an 8 bit display

9. printing (foomatic) question

10. Printing to two printers from one queue (Printers print identically not load balancing)

11. create print q or printer

12. Creating a shared printer that allows hosts to print directly to parallel port?

13. Help configuring my printer to print .ps files