Setting up and HP DJ520. Help.

Post by Jean-Sebastien Di » Tue, 17 Jan 1995 00:43:27

I tried to disable the staircase effect on my printer nothing works.

What do I have to do?

I edited the etc/printcap file to set up my printer since it was an empty
file.

I added the ':if=/usr/lib/lpf:'

and I created an lpf file like it:

if [ "$1" = -c ]
   cat
else
   sed -e s/$/^M/
fi
echo -ne \\f

but nothing works.

Tell me how to use it all for my printer to work.  All I want for now is to
be able to print text files.

N.B.:   Linux kernel v1.1.59
        Slakware v2.10
        Using tcsh shell

Thanks.

J-S.

Setting up and HP DJ520. Help.

Post by Leon Hell » Wed, 18 Jan 1995 04:32:45

Quote:> I tried to disable the staircase effect on my printer nothing works.

> What do I have to do?

I got an H-P DJ520 a couple of weeks ago and had the same problem. I
used a script in the printer-HOWTO that was included in the docs I
got with the SLS CD-ROM, and it now works fine. I just type hp <filename>
(hp is the name of the script) to print a file. I'll get round to
doing it properly one of these days. 8-)

--
Leon Heller                       | "Do not adjust your mind, there is
G1HSM                             |  a fault in reality": on a wall

Phone: +44 (01734) 266679         |

1. HP DJ520 Printcap

Hello.  I'm experiencing a great deal of difficulty with spooling anything to
my HP Deskjet 520.  I get the feeling that I may require a specific kind of
entry for this printer in my /etc/printcap file.  If anyone has access to such
a beast, I would be most appreciative if he/she could email it to me, or post
it here.  Thanks.

2. Probems Launching X applications via X terminal windows

3. CAN I PRINT POSTCRIPT FILE ON HP DJ520

4. Can't run executables (yes I use ./)

5. Ghostscript and HP DJ520

6. Urgent please: SCO New Install "pci scan fail" Error

7. PostScript Files & HP DJ520 Printer

8. print a ascii file

9. Printing Problems with HP-DJ520

10. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

11. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )

12. Matrox Mystique ands X.

13. HJU8850I HP-500VA UPS