PNG to GIF

Post by Penpal Internationa » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

For some while I've made graphs in PNG-format with GD. But now I want to
publish some of theme on the internet, but most browsers don't support
PNG yet. I also can't create GIF files, because that function was
disabled on ALL libraries, apps, etc, etc because of someone has a
patent on it. Now I try to find an app for linux which can convert PNG
to GIF. Does anyone knows something which can do this?

Thanks,

Frank de Bot

--
Penpal International
http://ppi.searchy.net/

PNG to GIF

Post by Nicholas Muriso » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Hi!

> For some while I've made graphs in PNG-format with GD. But now I want to
> publish some of theme on the internet, but most browsers don't support
> PNG yet. I also can't create GIF files, because that function was
> disabled on ALL libraries, apps, etc, etc because of someone has a
> patent on it. Now I try to find an app for linux which can convert PNG
> to GIF. Does anyone knows something which can do this?

> Thanks,

> Frank de Bot

> --
> Penpal International
> http://ppi.searchy.net/

The GIMP lets you do that.
--
Nicholas John Murison
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PNG to GIF

Post by Stev » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>Hi!

>For some while I've made graphs in PNG-format with GD. But now I want to
>publish some of theme on the internet, but most browsers don't support
>PNG yet. I also can't create GIF files, because that function was
>disabled on ALL libraries, apps, etc, etc because of someone has a
>patent on it. Now I try to find an app for linux which can convert PNG
>to GIF. Does anyone knows something which can do this?

ImageMagick can do it.

 GIF+   CompuServe graphics interchange format; 8-bit color.

 GIF87+ CompuServe graphics interchange format; 8-bit color (version 87a).

Don't know where I got it from but there's a link to it somewhere on the
povray links page http://www.povray.org/links/  search for ImageMagick.

--
Cheers

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error not enough coffee  0 pps.

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:16pm  up 5 days, 10:10,  1 user,  load average: 2.00, 2.10, 2.09