Off-line mode in Netscape Collabra

Post by Kwin Sirikwi » Sun, 12 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
        Does Netscape Collabra (News reader) in Communicator 4.05 for Linux
support off-line mode? If it does, how to do that?

                                Thanks,
                                  Kwin.

Post by Donovan Rebbech » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Hello,
>         Does Netscape Collabra (News reader) in Communicator 4.05 for Linux
> support off-line mode? If it does, how to do that?

no, it doesn't. If you want off line readers, you could try the
following:

a) if your news-server doesn't require a password and login ID to post,
I recommend Newscache. NewsCache is a Caching news-server.

http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/NewsCache

b) otherwise, try leafnode which is like NewsCache.

c) I believe peruser (gui newsreader which is better featured than
netscape) is offline capable. Make sure you get the latest version from
the application's homepage.

d) slrn is offline capable. It's console based, but has color and is
quite nice.

good luck ...
--

http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
Web designer for Independence -- Linux for the Masses

1. Netscape: browse the web off-line

Anyone knows how to set Netscape to browse the web off-line?
I did see the History tool, but when I select a page to wiew, most times
it refuses to load it, even if it is stored piece by piece in the cache
directory.
Is there a trick or whatever else to set this thing right?
Thanks.

2. help with error 403 no permission

3. Netscape 3.0 X Solaris 2.5 off-line

4. NE2000 troubles abound

5. On-line/Off-line long-term power backup

6. Different error messages while installing (VIA EPIA + RedHat)

7. Interested in simple off-line news reading package for slow lines?

8. syntax checking

9. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

10. squid off line mode

11. Netscape Collabra keeps losing my news server.

12. Netscape Collabra 3.01 on Solaris 2.6 doesn't work