Help with setting up HP T45xi Printer

Post by MegaSurg » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 05:25:41

I have an HP T45xi printer which I believe is a supported model under
SuSE 7.3.  I used Yast2 to configure the printer using cups.  The
printer was detected properly but it still doesn't work after setting it
up.  I tried searching on the suse online support for "t45 printer" but
nothing came up regarding that.

I also tried following the directions for the HP Linux InkJet Driver
project (found at http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/) but that also didn't
work.

SuSE 7.3 comes with cups 1.1.10, so I tried upgrading the drivers to
1.1.14 from source found at www.cups.org, but it still didn't work
properly.  One thing that I'm getting consistently with this setup
regardless if I'm using the packaged cups 1.1.10 that came with SuSE or
the 1.1.14 version downloaded from the site, is when I try doing an lp
from the command line I get the following results:

psonick:~/work/personal> lp -d lp resume.txt
Segmentation fault

Can anyone direct me to documentation and/or assist me with getting this
to work properly?

--
# http://www.setec-astronomy.org/
# Remove .NOSPAM from email to reply directly to me.

1. help with setting up an HP IID laser printer in Rehat 7

Hello,

I have Redhat 7 and a HP IID laserjet printer.  I would really like to get
this thing to work, but have had no luck as of yet.  I have been using the
printtool but it seems worthless.  It has a setting in there for the IID/IIP
but only for the printers that have the postscript cartridge.  Can anyone
help me out?  or........if you have a post script cartridge for a HP IID i'l
like that too.  Ideally however, i'l like to know how to make this work AND
get that postscript cartridge.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Martinez

2. Anyone Use Mutt ?

3. Help setting up HP-Thinkjet printer

4. Virtual Hosts FreeBSD and Apache

5. Help with setting up HP Deskjet printer

6. National keyboard support fakes me

7. help! Setting up a HP 693c printer.

8. CHASE PCI-Fast 16 HIF Board

9. HELP - Newbie setting up HP IID printer

10. Need help to set up HP 5Si MX printer

11. help on setting up HP cp1700 printer!

12. Help setting up Samba Server with HP Laserjet 1000 USB Printer

13. Solaris 2.5.1 / HP JetAdmin D3.15 / HP JetDirect / Non-HP-Printer