big X font size in Debian

Post by tvn198 » Fri, 24 May 2002 23:41:10

Hi,  I just installed Debian woody and my the font on my X screen is very
big.  (Note that this is the general X font , not gtk related - the fonts on
gtk apps are very nice and normal).

I suspect it has to do with 75 and 100dpi font but I am not sure if it is or
how to fix it.

I made a screenshot of my screen
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/x/txn131/files/l_sshot15.png
Notice the font size of the bar "Album: mPlayer sshot - Mozzila ",  then the
bar of xchat , the Mozilla's download window fonts size and blackbox taskbar
at the bottom.  (the font of aterm and xchat are nice and normal).

Please help me on this - thanks in advance.

1. Changing AixTerm font/font size

I am trying to configure the screen for a login using Aixterm.  I want to
use the full screen instead of just having the Aixterm box in the upper left
corner.  I have used the -geometry to increase the number of rows and
columns to fit the screen.  Is it possible that just increasing the font
size I can fill my screen?  If so, how do I do this?  Each time I try to
change something in the -fn, it appears nothing changes.  Do I need to load
more fonts from somewhere and if so, where?

Thanks much for the help!!

2. How to get system time and date

3. Fonts are to small at 1600x1200, How I can change all fonts to a larger size?

4. PGP 5.0

5. How do I set the default font and font size for XTerm

6. peerless

7. point size vs pixel size of fonts

8. How does Ethernet actually work?

9. Big Big Big CORE Image !!

10. I have a BIG, BIG,BIG problem with DOSEMU 0.98.5.

11. Big, Big Very BIG SCSI DISK

12. Caught in endless cycle, Redhat too big, Debian doesn't recognize 3c509

13. big chaos after debian upgrade - how to set locale ?