hosts.lpd file entry for unrestricted access?

hosts.lpd file entry for unrestricted access?

Post by Tri H. Tr » Sat, 26 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Please, if anyone have any information on this, please let me know.
I'm trying to configure my print server to have unrestricted access.
Better yet, at least have a domain or site access restriction.  Don't
think the lpd implementation for linux have such capability.  I'll be
very supprise if no one has such a need in the past.  Any hint or
suggestion?

Tri

1. lpd ignoring the hosts.lpd file ???

Hi Anyone,

I've got a problem with lpd.  My set up is a main computer and a LAN to
a diskless workstation which boots via bootp/tftp then NFS mounts its
root off a subdirectory on my main machine dedicated to it and NFS
mounts the usual /usr/bin /usr/sbin type directories so binaries aren't
duplicated unneccessarily.  Diskless workstation has simple old line
printer attached.  Most everything runs fine on it (X, etc., ftp client
and server, telnet client and server, mail, doom) and once I set lpd
running in the startup, lpr commands worked fine.

However can't print from main computer to this printer attached to the
diskless workstation.  It seems to be a privilege problem as when I
queue jobs they just sit there and any lpq command brings back an error
about "dlworks: lpr: lp: your host is not authorised on this machine",
yet hosts.lpd contains perfectly good entries which work fine in the
corresponding file, hosts.allow, to let ftp services work.  What's more
the printcap entry on the diskless workstation doesn't contain the rs
field.

Howto's and man pages are of no further use.

Anyone got any clues?

2. TERMINAL HELP

3. hosts.lpd netgroup entries won't work on 4.3.2.0

4. Konqueror fonts can cause vomiting

5. Need example of the hosts.lpd file

6. How to restore the firmware on an AXP-150 (Jensen)?

7. hosts.lpd file doesn't understand *, what can I do ?

8. why my swap getting bigger?(source included)

9. need help with the hosts.lpd file

10. Writting hosts.equiv/hosts.lpd files

11. *hosts.lpd & hosts.equiv

12. Unrestricted X server access

13. lpd: Your host does not have line printer access