Palm data to gnome-cal, gnome-card?

Post by Cathy Gramz » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:10:20

I have my Palm synching, but it simply backs up to a backup directory. How can I get the PALM data to go into gnome-cal and gnome-card??? I am using gnome-pilot to synch.

cathyy

Post by lenn » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:56:33

> I have my Palm synching, but it simply backs up to a backup directory.
> How can I get the PALM data to go into gnome-cal and gnome-card??? I am
> using gnome-pilot to synch.

> cathyy

You might try the Gnome configuration tool.
Should be in the bottom panel.
This has a section just for pilot/cal/card configuration.

Post by Cathy Gramz » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:41:11

>> I have my Palm synching, but it simply backs up to a backup directory.
>> How can I get the PALM data to go into gnome-cal and gnome-card??? I am
>> using gnome-pilot to synch.

> You might try the Gnome configuration tool.
> Should be in the bottom panel.
> This has a section just for pilot/cal/card configuration.

No, it doesn't. It has conduits for backup, expense, memo, file and sendmail. Nothing for cal or address. This is what I have configured already to get it to synch. I know I'm supposed to be able to do this!

cathyy

1. Palm Pilot Vx to work under Ximain Gnome - have still not succeeded

As said in the subject, I have a Palm Pilot Vx and I'm trying to get it
to work with my Linux (newly installed Debian potato) and especially to
cooperate with sofware under the Ximian Gnome.

I've installed the gnome-pilot and pilot-link softwares with Red Carpet,
and I have gotten my machine and the pilot to speak with each other now.
I'm even running an gnome pilot applet succesfully and it recognises when
I press the sync-button.

But no interoperability with any software have I got to work.

First of all, is my installation buggy because in the GNOME control
center sections Pilot Conduits and Pilot Link show exactly the same
content?

When I execute the sync it seems to run properly, but where does any
files get saved? My pilot-directory is empty, so I can't get any software
to read the files got from my pilot..

I've read all howtos and helps, but I haven't found any that would be
specificly written to users of Ximian gnome or to the users of the gnome
control center..

I desperately need help with this!

-Otto

2. Unable to locate server (newbie)

3. Gnome-Pilot Fails to Communicate with Palm Pilot

4. printcap for HP DeskJet 1200C

5. Syncing a Palm Vx with Gnome Pilot on RedHat 8.0

6. help with understanding dns please

7. GNOME/Palm Pilot

8. using rawhide XFree86 4.0.3 rpm

9. Palm Pilot Vx to connet with Evolution under Ximian Gnome / Debian

10. Palm sync issues with Evolution/Gnome?

11. Blastwave Gnome vs. Sun's Gnome

12. Gnome Configuration files -Gnome 2

13. GNOME set up... having a hiccup during GNOME start up.