netscape

Post by Neil Zanell » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

It would be nice if it were possible to open a netscape window

to a different display.

We are two users sharing a Linux account. We would like to log into two

different machines (home is mounted on both) and browse the internet

at the same time. To do this, we must launch two copies of netscape

at the same time. As most of you know, accessing files stored under the

~/.netscape directory from two different running browsers can cause problems

unless the second one is opened through the "File" toolbar, but then

you cannot launch the browser to a different monitor(display).

Thanks,

Neil

netscape

Post by Jon Ske » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> It would be nice if it were possible to open a netscape window
> to a different display.

> We are two users sharing a Linux account. We would like to log into two
> different machines (home is mounted on both) and browse the internet
> at the same time. To do this, we must launch two copies of netscape
> at the same time. As most of you know, accessing files stored under the
> ~/.netscape directory from two different running browsers can cause problems
> unless the second one is opened through the "File" toolbar, but then
> you cannot launch the browser to a different monitor(display).

Is there any real need for you to be using the same account? The most
obvious solution seems to be to create a new user - that way your two
Netscapes wouldn't interfere with each other.

--

http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. wich file starts inetd

3. Netscape has detected a /root/.netscape/lock file????

4. solaris 7 network connection pb

5. Netscape 4.7 vs. Netscape 6.2 BASE URL PATH on a apache 1.3.26 server

6. Networking Win95 and Linux

7. netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

8. Slackware 3.2 can't print

9. Netscape for X and Netscape for Win95 share cache?

10. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

11. Netscape 4.77 *after* Netscape 6.01 ?!

12. Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?

13. Red Hat 5.0 & Netscape 4.04: Netscape out of memory error?