Netscape is mysteriously killed

Post by Tao Yan » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

hi, gurus

I am running RedHat 6.1, and netscape communicator 4.61,
it works fine except when I visit some web page, filled
some form, it will be killed mysteriously, or if the webpage
contain some javascript code, it will be "dead" and not
responding.  what could be the problem? and what should I do?

Thanks,
Tao

In theory, there is no difference between theory and
practice. But, in practice, there is.
- Jan LA van de Snepscheut
Tao Yang                    Phone: (423)974-6557(o)
7429 Lawford Road

U. S. A.

Post by Alex La » Mon, 28 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> hi, gurus

> I am running RedHat 6.1, and netscape communicator 4.61,
> it works fine except when I visit some web page, filled
> some form, it will be killed mysteriously, or if the webpage
> contain some javascript code, it will be "dead" and not
> responding.  what could be the problem? and what should I do?

> Thanks,
> Tao

Turn off java, javascript.

Alex Lam.

> In theory, there is no difference between theory and
> practice. But, in practice, there is.
> - Jan LA van de Snepscheut
> Tao Yang                    Phone: (423)974-6557(o)
> 7429 Lawford Road

> U. S. A.

1. gdm killed mysteriously?

Dear all,

This is urgent! I can boot Linux Redhat 7.0 up to the level that I can see
"MyComputerName: login. But then the gnome desktop won't be shown, and I get
flickering screen and the message:

According to /var/run/gdm.pid, gdm was already running (xxxxpid), but seems
to have been murdered mysteriously.

Possible to fix it?

I urgently need to do something on this platform. Please help me. Thank you
very much.

Crystal

2. a gtk-based hex/dec/oct/bin editor!!!!

3. Urgent!!! gdm killed mysteriously?

4. computer lock up after kernel recompiled?

5. Netscape mysteriously dies!

6. Brand Spankin' Newbie

7. KILL KILL KILL

8. ftp problems behind firewall

9. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

10. Overloading Samba....Am I Killing It?????

11. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.

12. How to kill process which not killed by 'kill' ?

13. Why am I getting kill by signal 11...randomly