Lilo for ZipSlack Linux

Post by <t.. » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I installed linux and lilo to the mbr and am trying to remove it I read
something about how to do that but I don't remember where. So if anyone
would know to remove lilo, without formatting I would be very happy.

Lilo for ZipSlack Linux

Post by Fabrice Lhomm » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I installed linux and lilo to the mbr and am trying to remove it I read
> something about how to do that but I don't remember where. So if anyone
> would know to remove lilo, without formatting I would be very happy.

fdisk /MBR

Lilo for ZipSlack Linux

Post by Thomas Zaj » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> > I installed linux and lilo to the mbr and am trying to remove it I read
> > something about how to do that but I don't remember where. So if anyone
> > would know to remove lilo, without formatting I would be very happy.

> fdisk /MBR

... using DOS fdisk, not Linux.

Thomas
--
=---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
=   Thomas Zajic / running Free Agent 1.11/32 on Linux 2.0.38/Wine-990731   =

Lilo for ZipSlack Linux

Post by Robert Wiegan » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I installed linux and lilo to the mbr and am trying to remove it I read
> something about how to do that but I don't remember where. So if anyone
> would know to remove lilo, without formatting I would be very happy.

Try the lilo documentation. It is probably in /usr/doc/lilo???????
the exact name will depend on the version number for lilo.

--
Regards,

1. ZipSlack linux problem

Hi,
  I just installed ZipSlack (a small distro of Slackware) and everything
works okay, except one problem. When I tried to search or list the files
in the file system, it causes some kind of 'exception' and the whole
system just jammed after that. It displays some kind of register values
and the whole system just hangs there. I cant alt-cntr-del to reboot. I
had to pratically turn off the power supply. What I did was:

ls * |grep config.opts

or

find . -name config.opts

Could this be a problem with zipslack? Anyone has this problem? Btw,
anyone knows if I there is any other distros similar to zipslack? I am
looking for a small distro of linux. Any info is greatly appreciated.
thanks.

rgds,
  ch

2. Invisible mouse pointer - where the !@#$% am I?

3. Linux: Slackware: ZipSlack: PPPD: A Very Odd Connection Problem

4. Dumbest Newbie Question Ever

5. Q: diff btwn "LILO: linux single" and "LILO: linux 1" ?

6. TeamQuest performance software?

7. LILO--LILO--LILO

8. pc164sx motherboard problems

9. LILO, LILO, LILO

10. LILO+BM+Win95 mostly ok, 2nd LILO hosed by booting Linux?

11. LILO error: Can only boot from floppy, LILO will only start dos not linux

12. Zipslack help!!

13. Slackware (zipslack) boot problem