Calendar manager- is there one for Linux?

Calendar manager- is there one for Linux?

Post by Bill Unr » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I am using the Sun cm--calendar manager, which is a scheduling program
(ie I can put in my appointments etc and it can warn me be
alarm/email/popup or the appointment) Does such a thing exist for Linux?
Is there one which is compatible with the Sun cm?
Thanks

Post by Thomas Schüt » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> I am using the Sun cm--calendar manager, which is a scheduling program
> (ie I can put in my appointments etc and it can warn me be
> alarm/email/popup or the appointment) Does such a thing exist for Linux?
> Is there one which is compatible with the Sun cm?
> Thanks

Try plan. I don't know if it is cm compatibele, (actually I don't know
cm) but it is a great programm. Following the Linux Software Map entry:

Begin3
Title:  plan-1.6.1-stat
Version:  1.6.1
Entered-date: 4/25/97
convenient
             and easy to set up your schedule.
             This archive contains a binary built under XFree-3.2, with
the
             Motif-2.0 library and Xpm-4.7 statically linked in.  All
other
             libraries are dynamically linked.

Primary-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/X11/xapps
              1M plan-1.6.1-stat.tar.gz
Alternate-site:
Platform: linux 2.0 and above, libc-5.2.18, XFree86-3.2.
Copying-policy: Freely distributable according to conditions of
copyright
End

|**    http://privat.schlund.de/Schuett    **|

Calendar manager- is there one for Linux?

Post by Martin Preishube » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

--------------CB923A72B5470242B39ABE79

Quote:> ical. Use your favourite search engine to find it.

can be found at:
http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/personal/Sanjay_Ghemawat/ical/get...

Martin

--
     _
    / )

               http://www.stuco.uni-klu.ac.at/preisl
--------------CB923A72B5470242B39ABE79

begin:          vcard
fn:             Martin Preishuber
n:              Preishuber;Martin
org:            Studentenhaus Concordia
adr:            ;;Hubertusstrasse 5/311;Klagenfurt;Kaernten;9022;Austria

tel;work:       0463-2789-311
tel;fax:        0463-2789-311
tel;home:       0664-2124420
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------CB923A72B5470242B39ABE79--

1. Calendar Manager, File Manager, and Screenblank

Hi,

I have several questions, one of which I already posted once, but never got
an answer that worked.
I have a Sparc 10/30 running Solaris 2.2.

1) Using the Openwindows File Manager:  find has never worked.  I can do all my
find files from the command prompt, but I would like to get this working for
users moving from PC's.  Has anyone ever had this work for 2.2?  Do I need
patches?

2) Trying to get Openwindows Calendar Manager to write to calendars I moved
from 4.1.3.  I can browse my old calendars fine, but when I try to insert
new appointments I get a 'You do not have insert access to calendar' message.
I have followed all the trouble shooting guides in the anserbook, i.e. checking
to see file permissions are correct, etc..., all to no avail.  Any help would be
abbreviated.

3) Screenblank: I am using Jef Poskanzer's newest screenblank (Aug25) and
it works great.  My only question is where to put the command so that it is
automatically restarted on reboot.  I have tried to read through the FAQ lists,
but am getting confused.  It seems like I should put a file called S##screenblank
with the command screenblank as its contents.  Is this correct?  What should
## be.  Also what directory(directories?) /etc/rc#.d should this be linked to?

Thanks,
Robert Mentle
Applied Physics Laboratory

2. SB16 scsi-2 configuration.

3. WebEvent 3.04 released - Web Calendar, CGI Calendar, WWW Calendar

4. how to get the CPU utilization of a group of processes

5. Any linux client for Sun Calendar Manager?

6. IO Port access

7. Anything like 'Calendar Manager' for linux?

8. Staticly link a library

9. Outlook and Linux with one calendar/add. book?

10. Am I the first one to try the assembler example from the Sun docs ?

11. calendar manager problem

12. Calendar Manager

13. Cross-platform Calendar Manager?