anyone recommend good micro ATX motherboards

anyone recommend good micro ATX motherboards

Post by Allen Ahoffma » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone recommend a good MATX motherboard that has:
network, video, SCSI, IDE, and Slot I?

| Announce communications Inc. |     voice: 301-731-5786              |

| Hyattsville, MD 20784         |    http:  www.announce.com          |

anyone recommend good micro ATX motherboards

Post by Steve D. Perkin » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

        Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what is so great about the
new "ATX" style of motherboards... other than the fact that you
cannot put them in older conventional cases?

Steve

Post by Mark A Robert » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>         Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what is so great about the
> new "ATX" style of motherboards... other than the fact that you
> cannot put them in older conventional cases?

> Steve

a) they have one piece power connectors which you can't put the wrong
way round
b) the board layout should make cabling neater
c) each motherboard comes with a "template piece" for matching ports to
the hole in the case, making "case migration" easier [of course by the
time you do this they'll have decided on yet another format :-) ]

Regards
Mark Roberts

Post by Jeff Pierc » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> >         Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what is so great about the
> > new "ATX" style of motherboards... other than the fact that you
> > cannot put them in older conventional cases?

> > Steve

> a) they have one piece power connectors which you can't put the wrong
> way round
> b) the board layout should make cabling neater
> c) each motherboard comes with a "template piece" for matching ports to
> the hole in the case, making "case migration" easier [of course by the
> time you do this they'll have decided on yet another format :-) ]

> Regards
> Mark Roberts

All that plus the lower voltages being supplied from the power supply
instead of having voltage converting circuitry on the maother board.
--
Jeff Pierce

anyone recommend good micro ATX motherboards

Post by randa » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

the ATX design is partially due to cooling issues.  AT powersupply exhaustes
air out the back,  ATX draws in air through back and exhausts normally by
the processor cooling fan for extra cooling.

> Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what is so great about the
>new "ATX" style of motherboards... other than the fact that you
>cannot put them in older conventional cases?

>Steve

1. Problem with configuring audio hardware built into Tyan Tigercub Micro ATX motherboard.

Hello,

Whenever I open a console window on my Red Hat 7.2 system and run
'sndconfig' to configure my audio hardware and the program tries to play a
sound sample, I get a message "Unable to open /dev/audio".  I have a Tyan
Tigercub Micro ATX motherboard with onboard audio hardware.  I was able to
get the hardware to work with windows once I went to Tyan's web-site and
downloaded the EEPROM update and the drivers.  However, I didn't see any
resources on their web-site for working with Linux.  Any input would be
appreciated.

--
David A. Frischknecht
http://fishnetonline.tripod.com

2. Middle button doesnt paste

3. Need suggestion on Micro ATX motherboard for Linux mp3/movie station.

4. Running XF86 with Qvision

5. Micro-ATX MB in ATX case/LG CD Rewriter

6. how to "profile" all functions?

7. Does anyone make a low-profile pizza style rackmount box for PC ATX motherboards?

8. Latest Stable Kernel ???

9. Recommend a good, cheap 486 motherboard?

10. Can anyone recommend a good book?

11. can anyone recommend a good book?

12. Can anyone recommend a good GUI newsreader?

13. Anyone recommend a good CAD program that runs under Linux?