Wolfenstein Source?

Post by Robert Thre » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00

S>> Well, Doom, Doom 2, Hexen, Heretic and Quake are available
S>> for Linux, so I guess people have been messing with it :)

S>  Hexen, and Heretic for Linux ?!?!?!

S>Where? Could you please informm me on how to get these for Linux? I'd
S>really appreciate it!

Let me know where you end up finding this [if you don't mind].

t CMPQwk 1.42 9555 tHelp stamp out and abolish redundancy!

Wolfenstein Source?

Post by Mark Vojkovi » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>S>> Well, Doom, Doom 2, Hexen, Heretic and Quake are available
>S>> for Linux, so I guess people have been messing with it :)

>S>  Hexen, and Heretic for Linux ?!?!?!

>S>Where? Could you please informm me on how to get these for Linux? I'd
>S>really appreciate it!

>Let me know where you end up finding this [if you don't mind].

  Hexen and Heretic don't exist for Linux. Only Doom (plays doom2
wads too) and quake.

                                MArk.

Wolfenstein Source?

Post by Christopher Hor » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> S>> Well, Doom, Doom 2, Hexen, Heretic and Quake are available
> S>> for Linux, so I guess people have been messing with it :)

> S>  Hexen, and Heretic for Linux ?!?!?!

> S>Where? Could you please informm me on how to get these for Linux? I'd
> S>really appreciate it!

> Let me know where you end up finding this [if you don't mind].

Don't hexen and heretic use the Doom engine, so it is just a matter of
dropping the new wad files in place?

Cheers,
Chris

Wolfenstein Source?

>> S>  Hexen, and Heretic for Linux ?!?!?!

>> S>Where? Could you please informm me on how to get these for Linux? I'd
>> S>really appreciate it!

>> Let me know where you end up finding this [if you don't mind].

>Don't hexen and heretic use the Doom engine, so it is just a matter of
>dropping the new wad files in place?

   Not really.

                        MArk.

1. Wolfenstein source available by ftp!

Maybe someone here is interested in the source code of Castle Wolfenstein. I
was surprised to find this file on a ftp site. You can get it at ftp.pht.com
in /.3/NEWSTUFF/wolfsrc.zip

Maybe someone (sorry, I really don't know enough about Unix to do this myself)
can do a port to Linux? Or maybe someone can make good use of the source
to write other great games.

Good luck,
 Mark van Hoeij

2. Help me to choose SlackWare vs. SLS

3. Wolfenstein Source?

4. Problems during installation.

5. Return to Castle Wolfenstein

6. Detecting a Thread Crash

7. Wolfenstein

8. TGUI9440AGi working well

9. Return to the Castle Wolfenstein

10. wolfenstein-like engine up and RUNNING

11. Return to Castle Wolfenstein and FreeBSD?

12. Return to Castle Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory

13. Anyone porting Wolfenstein-3d?