Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?

Post by David E. Vandewall » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Is there a Integrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for
> linux?

> Please cc mail me the reply

> al

look at xwpe.
it's close to a borland IDE

DV
--
//David E. Vandewalle               |Weinberg's Law: If builders built

//Finger either account for PGP key.| came along would destroy civilization.

Post by Paul Konin » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Is there a Integrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for
> linux?

Sort of, though not quite to the same extent.

You can use Emacs that way.  Among other things, you can then run gdb
inside emacs and have it track where you are in the program (it will
show
the current source file and highlight the current line).

        paul

Post by Eric Foster-Johnso » Tue, 11 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Is there a Integrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for
> linux?

> Please cc mail me the reply

> al

The most common anwers will include:

Paradigm Visual Make (the closest to the environment for
   MS Visual C++)
xwpe
xwb

You can also create a form of integrated environment from
a number of text editors, such as emacs and nedit.

Most UNIX folks who like "integrated things" seem to
prefer emacs.

Good luck,
-Eric

--
Eric Foster-Johnson        http://www.pconline.com/~erc/
Author, UNIX Programming Tools

Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?

Post by David M. Co » Tue, 11 Nov 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:16:55 -0600, Eric Foster-Johnson

>Paradigm Visual Make (the closest to the environment for
>   MS Visual C++)
>xwpe
>xwb

I've know xwpe, but where can I find the Paradigm product and xwb?

Thanks,

Dave Cook

Post by mikepeterse » Tue, 11 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> >Is there a Integrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for
> >linux?

> >Please cc mail me the reply

> >al

Sniff+ is real nice but expensive. It has support for C++ and Java...

Post by Eric Foster-Johnso » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:16:55 -0600, Eric Foster-Johnson

> >Paradigm Visual Make (the closest to the environment for
> >   MS Visual C++)
> >xwpe
> >xwb

> I've know xwpe, but where can I find the Paradigm product and xwb?

> Thanks,

> Dave Cook

Paradigm Visual Make looks cool. It's written in Tcl/Tk,
so the best place to look may be Tcl FTP archives, such
as http://www.NeoSoft.com/tcl/contributed-software/.

Paradigm Visual Make (abbreviated as PVM, which means something
else to many of us :0 ) was written by Andrew Guryanov,

xwb should be available on the Internet. You might want to
try one of the Linux archives, such as
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/. I don't have the sources
handy, but I included them on the CD-ROM for my book
UNIX Programming Tools, so I know you can find xwb--somewhere.

Hope this helps,
-Eric

--
Eric Foster-Johnson        http://www.pconline.com/~erc/
SDRC 7851 Metro Parkway    phone: +1 612 854 5300  fax: +1 612 854 6644

Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?

Post by Yuri Mironof » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Yes: Barring major setbacks single-user C-Forge v1.0 will be out in a
couple of weeks.

                                        Y.

> >Is there a Integrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for
> >linux?

Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?

Post by David M. Co » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:04:37 -0600, Eric Foster-Johnson

>Paradigm Visual Make looks cool. It's written in Tcl/Tk,

OK, I found it at ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/languages/tcl/sorted/devel

Quote:>xwb should be available on the Internet.

I found it at:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/.22/linux/sunsite/apps/editors/X/xwb_v3.0.tgz

There's also an RPM:

ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/mirrors/redhat/contrib/i386/xwb-3.0-1.i3...

Thanks,

Dave Cook

Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?

Post by Chris Ma » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Also if you are interested in a Borland like enviroment for C++ check out
Code Crusader at the following site www.cco.caltech.edu/~jafl/jcc/
It is more along the lines of MetroWerks Code Warrior than Borlands C++,but
it none the less a great programming enviroment and it is free.

Chris Mach

1. WABI & Microsoft C++/Borland C++

I'm running WABI 1.1 on Solaris on a 486 PC, and am trying to write Windows
apps in either Microsoft Visual C++ or Borland C++, using the application
frameworks of MFC and Object Windows.

Well, they don't work!!!!  They keep crashing!!!!  Maybe Microsoft & Borland
do some undocumented things in their class libraries????

Any ideas, anyone successfully run MFC or OWL apps under WABI 1.0 or 1.1 ???

Please email replies,

thanks,

Bruce

2. color ls?

3. Linux X Windows Programming (Borland C++ and Linux)

4. Can I use Solaris 8 on my laptop system

5. Borland posts Linux Development Survey!

6. LInux Route and Win NT DHCP ? Pls help !!!

7. Unable to initialize NIS+ client, NIS+ servers unreachable.

8. link to Borland Kylix (native rapid application development for linux)

9. Borland posts Linux Development Survey!

10. Borland Delphi/Win95 --> Linux...development?

11. borland C++ builder -> Linux?

12. Making Linux server sockets connect with Borland C++ builder Client Sockets?