3270+netscape+linux

Post by GD » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Is there any plug-in or applet that does 3270 inside/outside of Netscape
running on Linux?

--
#--------------------------
Garret Davis (www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/6185)

#--------------------------
DON'T FEAR THE PENGUINS!!!!

3270+netscape+linux

Post by Jay Co » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Is there any plug-in or applet that does 3270 inside/outside of
> Netscape running on Linux?

hell how about a real executable? x3270

3270+netscape+linux

Post by Sid Boyc » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Is there any plug-in or applet that does 3270 inside/outside of
> Netscape running on Linux?

        You can get x3270 from sunsite's debian or redhat distributions, I have
been using it here for about 3 years now and it's AOK, nice keybpad as
well and much better than tn3270 which needs multiple keys to simulate
the special keys and PFK's. PF1 - PF12 on the keyboard work, everything
else needs the keypad, click upper left icon and the keypad appears to
the right of the x3270 window, when you press the Shift key, the pad
changes PF1 - PF12 to PF13 - PF24, then select with left mouse button.
        I did have some problems that suddenly appeared with some of our
Corporate tools after they were updated and after quite a bit of time, I
reread the docs and saw that I needed a different model specified, so I
start it with "x3270 -model 2 &".
        Setup is easy, just put the right hosts in the hosts.ibm file.
Regards

--
... Sid Boyce...Amdahl(UK)...44-121 422 0375