DOSEMU with an S3-968 chip

Post by Chris Argui » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Has anybody had any luck get DOSEMU to run with this chip?

When I start up the emulator, DOS kicks into 80 column mode (from Linux's
132 column). I don't mind this. I can play DOOM and all other sorts of
video-intensive stuff no problem. But when I exit, Linux stays in 80
column mode. Also, it doesn't processes carriage returns (or rather, it
only processes the line feeds). If I use SVGALIB's textmode command
(having previosly saved the mode), it just goes totally out of sync. If I
run X windows it is fine, but when I exit X everything is still out of sync.

Just for an interesting note:
        SVGALIB doesn't always seem to work for me anyway. Koules and Zgv
work, SDOOM and abuse.svga don't (they just give me a nice vertical bar
pattern). However, after running DOSEMU, SDOOM and abuse.svga actually DO
work. It would appear that DOSEMU is kicking my card into some sort of
graphics mode, and not restoring it.

Thanks.

--
Chris Arguin                 | "...All we had were Zeros and Ones -- And

                             +--------------+   - Dilbert, by Scott Adams
http://leonardo.sr.unh.edu/arguin/home.html |

1. S3-868 (PCI - 1MBD) vs S3-968 (VLB - 2MBV) Fastest??

I am currently using the #9 Motion 531 with 1MB of DRAM.  I picked up
a #9 Motion 771 with 2MB VRAM very cheap and was wondering if
anyone had an opinion of which would be better in terms of speed.  I
have heard of people talking about 'xstones' or something like that.
Is there an app or something I could download for running tests on
video/X performance?

Thank You,

J.C.

2. multiport nic

3. They have the 968 chip - not S3 Virge

4. deleted files back in unix.

5. Driver for miro SV20 (S3 Vision 968 chip)

6. How to add 2nd hard drive to existing Linux

7. S3-968 or S3-868?

8. Secondary interface

9. X on S3 Vision 968 chip cursor bug!!!

10. problems running XFree with S3 968 chip

11. Orchid ProVideo64 (S3-968) all black, except cursor(?)

12. Video 'wrap-around' on S3-968 problems

13. How to config S3-968 for X