sendmail config w/ 2.0 kernel - help!

Post by Ron Aaro » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I was running the Slackware 1.12 kernel release, and had my sendmail
configured *just* the way I wanted (local names send locally, all others
sent out to my  dial-up PPP connection).

Since I upgraded to the 2.0 kernel and had to upgrade my sendmail, things
don't work nearly as well - I can't send local mail directly any more!

Does anyone have any clues for me ?  I believe I installed Berkely
sendmail (whatever the latest is).

Thanks,
Ron

sendmail config w/ 2.0 kernel - help!

Post by Don Woodward Jr » Sun, 18 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I had that problem until I upgraded sendmail.

I'm now running sendmail 8.7.5 and it works with 2.0.8 kernal I'm using.

Regards,

-- Don
--
 +------------------------------------+

 | http://home.earthlink.net/~dbwoodw |
 +------------------------------------+

1. **EMERGENCY*** CONFIG HELP Sendmail Redhat 5.0 Please help

I had hard disk crash and had to put another machine in for our domain very
quickly.  The original name of the machine
was named "test" and the domain is futurenet.net

I changed the /etc/HOSTNAME to neon from test which was the name of the
machine that went belly up.  The machine
that went belly up was running slakware.

Redhat 5.0 has the latest sendmail I am told.  Anyway.....

The problem is that all mail that comes to that machine comes as

work, can someone please tell me

Out mail is bouncing right and left, thanks very much for your help.

help).

Thanks very much.

Steve

2. Total frustration with PS/2 mouse --- please help!

3. sendmail-config vs. sendmail RPMS?

4. Multia SRM

5. Secure Web Server 2.0 Config, Please Help!

6. Spoof IP when dialup to ISP?

7. Help - Sun WebServer 2.0 config on Solaris 7

8. Selection of PPA in DLPI attach.

9. RedHat 3.0.3 upgrade to 2.0 kernel is 2.0.?

10. Help with sendmail config

11. Help! Solaris 7 sendmail config

12. Help with basic sendmail config

13. Sendmail 8.6.9 Config PLEASE HELP!