Who has better Linux?

Post by Amritpal S Ma » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

There are so many companies in the market to sell Linux and related
Products, making it tough to select. Does somebody know about the better one.

amritpal mann

1. Is AMD better or Intel better for Linux?

Hi,

I am going to build a linux system running FORTRAN programs compiled by
either ifc or lahey.  Also I do a lot latex processing.
At the high-end, is Intel P4 better or AMD Athlon XP better?

At the moment, I am comparing Intel D850 EMVR (hyperthread) or similar
and ASUS A7N8X.
(dual bus or something).

According to the SPEC CPU2000 result from Windows XP, Intel is supposed
to be better.
However, almost all my experience has been the opposite.
What has been your experience?

Thanks

Regards,

Hugh

2. Ignore large-IDE fdisk warnings?

3. Red Hat Results - better and better

4. Standard way to yield cpu

5. better hw -> better sys

6. QIC-02 help needed

7. Linux NOT Enduser -> Better Linux -> Next Linux ?

8. Can someone tell me the documentation page for debian 3.0

9. Is Windows NT a better VMS or a better Unix ?

10. building linux from scratch without having linux installed

11. which is better NT under Linux or Linux Under NT ?

12. Linux is Faster (Re: Linux / Win NT which is better)

13. Student having a problem booting Linux Red Hat 7.0 Please Help