****** insmod problem *********

Post by Kirk Reit » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm tring to get dosemu working but insmod is having problems with my

zSystem.map -- saying its corrupt... From my docs, insmod reads System.map
on kernels of 1.2.8 or higher... Any ideas......?????

I'm running 1.2.13 elf.

Thanks

Kirk

1. linux tcp/ip stack as a module...insmod problems

Hi,
I am trying to implement the whole tcp/ip  stack (below the INET
socket layer) as a module . Do not confuse this with setting the "m"
option during "make xconfig"....
I am attempting to build a custom stack which i can change at will...

My approach:
I thought of using all the code of the linux stack as a starting
point. I copied all .c files from /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4 to a
separate directory
Then i compiled each file (gcc -D__KERNEL__ -c ...) and got the
coresponding object file. I also wrote a dummy .c file which contained
the init_module and cleanup_module functions. Then i linked all these
object files together.

My Problem:
When i try to insmod the resulting .obj file, i get the error
"couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for".
This happens even if i turn off kernel versioning while building the
kernel.
what could be the problem?

-chinmay

2. Sockets

3. insmod problem

4. boot/root disks not finding hard drive on Thinkpad 720

5. insmod problems

6. Linux without SLIP connection

7. NFS misc problems

8. insmod problems in Mandrake 6.1