Linux & Data acquisition

Post by Arlan Lucas de Souz » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi all!

Currently, I'm using an old data acquisition card. Because Windows runs
many tasks and services in the background without the user's control I
have chosen write a simple driver for DOS. I'd like to know if Linux also
works fine in a simple data acquisition system. For example:

1) Is it possible to a user restricts the number of running processes when
the system is acquiring data? Maybe if many processes is running
simultaneously the time interval between each sample is not the same.

2) Is it possble to a non-root user accesses the data acquisition card's
ports?

Are there any homepage about this subject?

Thanks in advance,
Arlan

Linux & Data acquisition

Post by Gerald Pollac » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

In article

Quote:> Hi all!

> Currently, I'm using an old data acquisition card. Because Windows runs
> many tasks and services in the background without the user's control I
> have chosen write a simple driver for DOS. I'd like to know if Linux
> also works fine in a simple data acquisition system. For example:

> 1) Is it possible to a user restricts the number of running processes
> when the system is acquiring data? Maybe if many processes is running
> simultaneously the time interval between each sample is not the same.

> 2) Is it possble to a non-root user accesses the data acquisition card's
> ports?

> Are there any homepage about this subject?

> Thanks in advance, Arlan

Do a search for Linux Lab Project; you'll find info there about daq
drivers as well as links to real-time extensions for linux.

--
G. Pollack Dept. of Biology, McGill Univ.

Linux & Data acquisition

Post by -ljl » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

In article

Quote:> Hi all!

> Currently, I'm using an old data acquisition card. Because Windows
runs
> many tasks and services in the background without the user's control I
> have chosen write a simple driver for DOS. I'd like to know if Linux
also
> works fine in a simple data acquisition system.

Quote:> Are there any homepage about this subject?

This might be a good place to start:
http://www.imca.aps.anl.gov/~lavender/linux_daq.html

Regards.
--
Louis-ljl-{ Louis J. LaBash, Jr. }

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Data Acquisition using linux with [Data Acquisition Processor] DAP

Hi
Can Anybody Suggest me how to start off with  data acquisition
progamming in c on linux ,using the DAP card ....it would be kind if
someone let me know some websites which guides how to start
programming or some sites where examples are there .........i have
done  data acquisition using Graphical Language and i want to try in
linux using "C" ........i also want to know how to interact with the
DAP card

can any body please give some guide lines

thnax
james

2. MicroDyne Ne2500 Network Card

3. serial port data acquisition without data loss?

4. problems with rtin and posting to newsgroups.

5. Data acquisition with Linux?

6. ppp works in interactive but failes in background mode

7. Data acquisition card drivers under linux. Intelligent Instrumentation.

8. Disable pager in RedHat 5.1?

9. REQ Fast data acquisition with Linux

10. data acquisition using sound card under linux

11. LINUX and data acquisition

12. New data scientific acquisition software for Linux

13. Data-acquisition with Linux (A/D converters)