apsfilter 5.0.0 Beta with LPRng and gs uniprint support, please test !

apsfilter 5.0.0 Beta with LPRng and gs uniprint support, please test !

Post by Andreas Kle » Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>     http://www.freebsd.org/~andreas/download/apsfilter-5.0.0-beta.tar.gz

It's now Beta2

    http://www.freebsd.org/~andreas/download/apsfilter-5.0.0-beta2.tar.gz

Bets would be to get the latest and greatest via my homepage

    http://www.freebsd.org/~andreas

Beta2 has some changes in the SETUP script and GLOBAL.sh to track
the different spool dir permissions of different Linux systems.
A standardisation would be fine ...

Hint: where is the Linux Basis system under CVS control ?! ;-)

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?

1. HPDJ500C/LPRng/ifhp/apsfilter-LPRng

I've got a HP DeskJet 500C attached to my parallel port.  I've been able to
send files to it via "cat filename > /dev/lp0", so I know I've got kernel
modules, etc. working right.  I've installed LPRng, ifhp, and
apsfilter-LPRng, but I've been unsucessful getting it to print postscript
(or even plain text) with lpr.  I've gotten the files to spool correctly,
but I think I've got some problems with the filter setup.  In the process
of fiddling around with printcap, apsfilter.conf, etc. I've gotten it to
print out a bunch of PJL commands, but on another attempt, I got it to
filter the file through gs, but it didn't print.  (When checked the
filter's progress w/ ps, it seemed like gs was running, but not doing
anything.)  Can someone help me out?

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. making a new partition with Fips

3. apsfilter and uniprint problem.

4. Diffs to the Frequently Asked Questions postings

5. lprng && apsfilter?

6. Still no ramfs usage limits in 2.5.9 or 2.4.19-pre8

7. apsfilter with LPRng?

8. 3C905C-TX problems

9. LPRng and apsfilter

10. problem w/lprng && apsfilter