Man Pages problem

Post by Andries Brouw » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: fg: no job control
: apropos: manpath is null
: Error executing formatting or display command.
: System command exited with status 256.

This is a very well-known bug in certain Slackware distributions.
Either get the original man-1.4d distribution (say, from sunsite),
or have a look at the simple_fixes directory that zenon is
maintaining - you may well have a handful of other problems,
also caused by flaws in this same distribution.

Man Pages problem

Post by root » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me with the following...

Since my first (minimal) installation of Linux, (after which 'man -k <keyword>' worked fine),
it seems to have broken itself :(

Now I get:

fg: no job control
apropos: manpath is null
Error executing formatting or display command.
System command exited with status 256.

'man -a <title>' still seems to list all entries ok.

MANPATH is set in the profile to all the relevant paths.

Any clues would be *really* helpful!
(Especially at this relatively early stage!)

Cheers,
Stew.

1. Yggdrasil man page problems

I've got the Yggdrasil Summer 94 CD-Rom and some of the networking man
pages are in a format I've never seen before (it's not man, ms, me, or mm).
For example, here is the start of the rcp man page:

.Dd July 27, 1991
.Dt RCP 1
.Os BSD 4.3r
.Sh NAME
.Nm rcp

etc.

Not all man pages are like this, some are in normal 'man' macros.  Can
someone give me the magic incantation needed to read my man pages?

thanks.

jim

--
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather.  Not screaming
in terror like his passengers."

San Diego, CA.

2. Developing Exchange compatible Groupware Server - searching for help

3. Man Pages Problem

4. Mounting dos partitions

5. Man page problems when not root

6. Can't Get RedHat 6.2 to Reboot After Installation

7. Man page problems

8. help -- database

9. Man Pages Problem

10. man page problems.