porting SunOS C++ program to RH 5.2 Linux

porting SunOS C++ program to RH 5.2 Linux

Post by Olson W » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

(sorry for the repost- b/c my computer clock is faster...)

Hi!

I am porting small to medium size C++ program written for Solaris (comes
with makefile) to
R.H. Linux 5.2. I tried to modify the makefile and run it, but I could not
get it compiled properly.

At this point, I couldn't be more specific than what's mentioned above. But,
in generally, what should one watch out when porting C++ program from
Solaris to Linux?
Perhaps the layout / spacing of makefile in Linux is different from SunOS?

thanks.

1. porting Solaris C/C++ program to RedHat Linux 5.2

Hi!

I am porting small to medium size C++ program written for Solaris (comes
with makefile) to
R.H. Linux 5.2. I tried to modify the makefile and run it, but I could not
get it compiled properly.

At this point, I couldn't be more specific than what's mentioned above. But,
in generally, what
should one watch out when porting C++ program from Solaris to Linux?

thanks.

2. PC64 Alpha and booting

3. FTP RH 5.2 -> RH 5.2 = NFT (No File Transfer)

4. RAID 5 hard drive size increase

5. ADVICE NEEDED: Porting editors to SunOS 5.2

6. NETWARE.NCP.CLIENT.PRINTER.CONFIGURATION

7. SunOS 4.1 vs SunOS 5.2

9. No programs in RH 5.2 Xsessions

10. Printing problem with RH 5.2; dead parallel port?

11. USR 56K PnP problems in RH 5.2, slow port?

12. Q: IP Port Forwarding and FTP (RH 5.2)

13. Red Hat 5.2 Loadlin HOWTO (WAS: Can't install LILO from RH 5.2)